University of Washington Interview Questions in Seattle, WA | Glassdoor

University of Washington Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.4

169 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position immediately I got an acceptance to the university of Washington. I love UW, and I wanted to be fully associated with it. Living at UW, studying at UW and working at UW was my goal. Wearing purple, too.
    A day later, I got a email response on setting up an face to face interview. I was so excited, I forgot to ask crucial questions. I replied Yes to everything.

Interview Day:
    To realize my fear, I watched UW motivationals videos, and honestly I was very energetic.

The interview started awkwardly, I was to be interviewed by three people while I pictured only one person. It showed on my face and I thought to get it out of the way.

"I am totally sorry, I should have asked for the number of people who would be interviewing me?" And all the awkward interview feeling vanished. My interviewers were amazing too!!

Interview Questions

• Would you like to work with us in the summer?   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online. Had an initial 30 minute interview after which I was moved onto the second stage and had 2 interviews with senior program staff. The questions in the initial interview including a few standard ones, but also ones specific to the challenges of the position. Similarly, the second stage of interviews included standard questions but then specific questions related to knowledge of particular software applications.

Interview Questions

• What interested you in this position/Why do you want to work for this department?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself, in your own words.   Answer Question
    • What are your long term goals?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about administrative work that can be not particularly intellectually stimulating?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It is always advisable to negotiate. I was able to get $7000 more per annum.

Traveling Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

Group interview, no tough questions. Everything related to job experience.
    There were three interviewers each took turns asking questions. Laid back setting but still professional. This was my first interview and experience with UW, and it was a positive one.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be most difficult about this job?   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

I went through a phone interview, then was asked to come in for an in-person interview. There were five people in the room who went around, one-by-one, and asked me questions. They ended with letting me ask any questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• What is a flaw you think you have in the work environment?   Answer Question

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The hiring process for this position is pretty simple. You send your resume to whatever recruiter is accepting applications at that time. From there, they will contact you via email and set up an interview with you. The interview is a group process. The recruitment panel starts by asking interview questions. During this part, I would encourage you to make sure your voice is heard without dominating the conversation (don't answer ever question). The are measuring how you work well with the team collectively. From there, the interviewers will administrate a case study. From there, it's the groups job to prioritize the importance and give a reasonable explanation of how you would handle the situation. Again, they are looking for how well you work with the team, but also your ability to articulste yourself. If you do well, the position should be yours.

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was with HR and with the hiring physician, and was very relaxed yet focused on my skills and abilities. I felt the hiring team had a good insight into the daily responsibilities of the open position, and were able to answer all of my questions. Most of their questions for me dealt specifically with my experience and the open position, and were not "outcomes" or behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• To explain how I began working in clinical research, what my favorite and least favorite parts of the position were, and what my leadership skills and style was like.   Answer Question

Student Academic Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

online application huskyjob; followed by small talk from teaching and learning center, then a formal in-personal job interview and writing test. the staff are very friendly and you can reach out to anyone during the application process. you will need two recommendation letters from university of Washington faculty and a back ground check followed up by theh hire offer.

Interview Questions

• walk through your resume, tell us about your working experience   Answer Question

Research Scientist/Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

The professor contacted me via email and requested that I use an online survey to pick a day and hour when the interview would take place. She also requested a CV and list of references to be sent to her at least 24 hours before the interview. The interview took place over Skype. We talked over webcam about how much and what kind of lab experience I had. The conversation lasted about a half-hour.

Assistant Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It was an in-person interview with both graduate advisor and undergraduate advisor present. The interview itself took less than an hour. I scheduled it over the phone with the undergraduate advisor herself, a week before the interview took place, and about a week after I submitted my resume.

Interview Questions

• On a slow day, how would you keep yourself busy in the office?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

It involved a preliminary phone screen with the HR manager for the Law School, followed by an in person interview with 6 UW faculty and staff. Extremely uncoordinated and unfocused in nature.

Interview Questions

• What is your background in academic program management?   Answer Question