University of Washington Student Affairs Position Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Washington Student Affairs Position Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Student Affairs Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Tacoma, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

Through an employee referral, I applied online. Within three weeks, I was invited for a 20-minute phone interview with a selection committee. They asked a variety of questions, including but not limited to student development, event planning and diversity. The following day I was invited for an on campus interview, which was planned two weeks later. The on campus interview was a day long process, where I invited with different members of the campus community, individually or in groups. However, I did not hear back regarding my candidacy following the interview. I found out that the position was offered to another person online. However, the campus is small but growing and has strong ties to the surrounding community. Mostly everyone I interviewed with loved the work that they, which all was in support of the students.

Please know that I am a very mellow and calm yet collection kinda guy, but one interview, in particular, from my campus visit left a bad taste in my mouth. It actually changed my mind about the position, and after walking away from that, I realized I didn't want to work for a senior level administrator, who was really aggressive, not welcoming, and too proud. This is not a reflection of others.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your diversity philosophy, and how you incorporate it into your work.   Answer Question