University of Washington Interview Questions in Washington State | Glassdoor

2.5

172 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I had to follow up allot to get the initial interview which was very casual & went very well. I was asked back to a much more formal interview. With the whole team we're I was basically reinterviewed by 5 different people. The most difficult question which should have been easy was "why do you want to work here?" I had a tough time having the answer not sound cheesy & canned. I practiced several responses but the delivery was difficult under pressure.

Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

The manager asked general questions related to behavioral and asked me if I can lift 50 lbs.
    What is the earliest date to start?
    Why you want this job?
    This a very easy interview process.

Senior Video Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

University of Washington Advancement department.
    Process was smooth and efficient through the interview. I was actually impressed with how well laid out and scheduled it was.
    Then nothing. Nothing.
    I interviewed in April, did several follow up emails over the next months, but not even HR who had done my initial screening would return my email. Finally got a reply that "next week we'll know and contact you" after 8 weeks had passed. It's now the end of July and still haven't heard anything. Rude and unprofessional. I finally wrote and asked to have my application withdrawn.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I might be the hire that would be the very best on their staff.   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for the Department of Pathology. They were very nice and made you feel comfortable through the entire process. They asked around 20 questions, from basic to more specific to the job description. Both interviewers seemed down to earth and were straight forward with their expectations for the position.
    The salary is up for negotiation. Declined offer because of better offer from another Department.

Student Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Apply online, process takes ~1 week. Interview in-person. Interviewer was nice and made me feel comfortable. Hiring process took about 1 week, could be a little disorganized since the Library has a large number of employees and student employees.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding on the information flow within the library?   1 Answer

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA).

Interview

It was very straightforward and handled directly by the people I would be working with. It was a casual interview that did not seem to have any particular structure. I believe here the process is quite varied from department to department and even within departments.

Interview Questions

• What experience did I have with database management and their specific program?   Answer Question

Unix Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had E-mail to verify my background and additional questions(like expect pay rate, why I want to get this job etc..), and first recruiter forwarded me to phone interview. I didn't get any feedback a month after interview, so I had to send e-mail several times to confirm outcome. Overall, that screening interview was performed very unprofessional manner. I am very disappointed from it.

Interview Questions

• current job, relevant job experience for the position and pretty much general questions for my background.   Answer Question

Fiscal Specialist II Interview

Application

Interview

I applied the job online about a month ago, and finally I got the chance to have an In-person interview. The interview went well and we spent almost an hour for the entire interview. There were two managers interviewed me at the same time, and each of them had their own job related questions for me. All the questions were standard questions like other companies, and only three questions required specific answers with couple examples.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience to handle the problems/issues with customers?   Answer Question

Education Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

In person interview with 3 staff including associate director, current training specialist and the principal of the experimental education unit preschool/kindergarten. Everyone was great except the principal of the preschool who asked an illegal questions and wouldn't tell me his full name in introductions which was a bit sketchy. School was dismissive when I tried to file a complaint over their improper behavior.

Interview Questions

• How would you interact with homogenous people groups as a white male? (Yes, they asked me an illegal question). everyonething else was related to proior experience.   1 Answer

Business Analyst In IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone screen interview with the hiring manager first. Few weeks later, coffee with the hiring manager and a member of his team. I took Uber from work at noon and paid $24 one way. I would have expected for him to let me know yay or nay. That would have been professional and considerate. Instead, crickets after two follow ups.

I was disappointed with the behavior from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• how does your team describe you?   1 Answer