University of Washington Web Computing Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Washington Web Computing Specialist Interview Questions

1.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and current employee who gave me a tour and then had me meet her boss. Her boss referred me to the IT manager and we casually conversed about my skills and future goals. They needed to fill the position quickly and didn't have too many other candidates.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with IT related work?
    Why study engineering?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for University of Washington

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in June 2010.

Interview

Very bureaucratic, disorganized. Sporadic communication. You're never quite sure who you're negotiating with and is making the decisions: someone behind the scenes in the central HR bureaucracy, the hiring manager/interviewer you're actually communicating with, or some other person/people in the hiring group. Overall there was a lack of knowledge of the technologies and skills they were interviewing for, and of current market salaries for them. Your mileage may vary. Everyone was very friendly, but very slow and tedious process.

Interview Questions

Very low base salary offer. Meager benefits package and no possibility for merit promotions did not make the total compensation package offset the low salary.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Washington (Seattle, WA) in November 2009.

Interview

I was called in for an interview about two weeks after I submitted my resume. I was interviewed by three people at once. It was low-key and friendly.