University of Waterloo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Waterloo Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2018

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Waterloo in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was comparable to that I've experienced at for-profit large corporations. All employees acted professionally and were quick to provide a decision on employment. I would recommend this as a great job opportunity to other potential job applicants.

Interview Questions

• How applicable experiences would relate to the current position.   1 Answer

PhD Researcher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Waterloo.

Interview

The selection was based on committee decision, past achievements in the field, GRE general and GRE subject scores as well as TOEFL scores. The results were announced within approximately four months of the application. After the acceptance, I took around 4-5 months to start my PhD program

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2010.

Interview

Phone interview first; if passed, flowed by on-site 1:1 interview; if passed, job offer will come.

Interview Questions

• Reverse the word sequence in a string   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Waterloo.

Interview

Through jobmine, the process was fairly easy where the interview time, location and everything was set through the system. The interview process was simple where the supervisor would ask the standard questions, what made you apply, what you are looking for from the experience, etc. Be fully prepared and everything will go smoothly

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

2 to 1, lasted for around 30 minutes, there are no tough questions. They went through the responsibilites to make sure you meet their requirements. And also some behavioural questions. The interviewers are kind.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in August 2010.

Interview

There will be one I interview before the hiring and it is mostly luck of the draw. There is a lot of internal promotion and external recruiting.

Interview Questions

• How do you resolve a conflict between two people if you do not understand the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Waterloo in June 2014.

Interview

An interview held at the University of Waterloo, in person for 20 mins. The interview was very short and lasted around 20 minutes. An interview held at the University of Waterloo, in person for 20 mins. The interview was very short and lasted around 20 minutes.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Well informed and rigorous without being intimidating. The interviewer had many question. Prep needed regarding the university as an institution was necessary to answer all of the questions. Situation was a little awkward because I was going from a teacher position internally to a different position so I was privy to a lot of the back end hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• How can you adhere to the policies at the University of Waterloo and make sure they are fulfilled?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

Casual at first as it was a contract. If you apply for a contract job, the process seems a little less intimidating. If full time job permanent, that is a different mindset.

Interview Questions

• Situational and many questions about give me an example of ...
      Also many behavioral questions, what would you do in the case of...   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied to University Portal and was called for the interview. It took almost 2 weeks to hear from the lab supervisor. Proper training was given prior to lab sessions :)