University of Waterloo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Waterloo Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2018

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Waterloo in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was comparable to that I've experienced at for-profit large corporations. All employees acted professionally and were quick to provide a decision on employment. I would recommend this as a great job opportunity to other potential job applicants.

Interview Questions

• How applicable experiences would relate to the current position.   1 Answer

PhD Researcher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Waterloo.

Interview

The selection was based on committee decision, past achievements in the field, GRE general and GRE subject scores as well as TOEFL scores. The results were announced within approximately four months of the application. After the acceptance, I took around 4-5 months to start my PhD program

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Waterloo.

Interview

A brief interview with the prof. Asked a few questions about academic background, GPA, courses and related software skills. Simple in-person interview. Discussed the potential salary for the research project.

Interview Questions

• Did you have any previous work experience in Website programming?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in March 2018.

Interview

Asked to schedule a prescreen.

Recruiter was almost 10 minutes late to the call.

I would have declined this role had I been offered it.

The compensation outlined was not in line with what was advertised, and it was under my current compensation.

One of the only questions asked was "Read me back the job description and tell me how you think your skills will apply to each of the responsibilities listed. " Which as a recruiter is an extremely lazy method of skills assessment, actually had to the interviewer to repeat the question.

No questions were asked pertaining to my functional recruitment skills. As a recruiter, that's absolutely paramount.

This was one of, if not THE top employer in the region I was looking at. I'm woefully disappointed in how this played out, and the experience absolutely removed them from my list of potential employers for at least the foreseeable future.

Good luck hiring top talent with this method of screening.

Interview Questions

• Read me back the job description and tell me how you think your skills will apply to each of the responsibilities listed.   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The interview was done in several different steps, first in person interview by 2 people, then another in person interview with another 2 people, several phone conversations/emails, a phone interview with HR, followed by a phone offer and online offer for the position with 1 week to accept.

Interview Questions

• Is it better to be perfect at your job and late for work, or on time for work and mediocre at your job   Answer Question

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

2 to 1, lasted for around 30 minutes, there are no tough questions. They went through the responsibilites to make sure you meet their requirements. And also some behavioural questions. The interviewers are kind.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Waterloo in September 2017.

Interview

It was a phone Interview that lasted a brief call as scheduled over email, the whole thing lasted about 15 minutes, interviewer was very friendly but to the point and also went over job expectatitons which was helpful

Interview Questions

• How do you make a first impression with potential participants   1 Answer

TA Interview

Interview

There was no interview, because I'm already a student and there are looking for the CV only. from your CV they will judge either you are fit for this position or not.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Waterloo.

Interview

There is no interview. The position is automatic when you become a grad student at the University of Waterloo. You may also get a Graduate Experience Award at 2-3K value

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Very professional, fast, very nice people and respectful. Great questions great place great time . Long interview but expected. Enjoyed mock lecture. Fantastic classroom. Super nice committee people and good questions to be asked
    Overall very well and amazing

Interview Questions

• How unique your teaching is?   1 Answer