University of Waterloo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Waterloo Interview Questions

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through email and Jobmine. Process took a week or so. Was contacted through email and was told to drop in at listed times. Knock upon arrival. Was a casual 10 min interview in a lab. Very simple and direct. No need for formality which was nice.

Interview Questions

• What equipment do you know how to use? -Shows you around the lab-   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted through email for an in-person interview. Interviewed by a peer and the person I would be reporting to. Interview was very stiff, questions read off of a sheet, so no matter what the answer the next question was already set. It made for a very awkward interview with a lot of repetition. No natural or lead opportunity to discuss what I could offer outside of their questionnaire, so they were looking for a candidate who was more of a box checker, very inside-the-lines for a marketing position. The interview ended with a 20 minute essay style test on a computer that didn't have a functioning keyboard. The whole thing was pretty awkward. I followed up afterwards to thank them and didn't get a response, and then followed up after not hearing from them for 3 weeks to ask for an update. The response was "hi, this position's been filled, thanks." Which felt thoughtless and unprofessional, but kept to the tone of the interview. People seemed nice enough, maybe a little dry and process driven. I did not receive an offer, and although I would have taken the role as something for the meantime, I would have left as soon as something more interesting came along so I'll concede that it wasn't a fit and I ain't mad.

Prepare yourself for a similar interview by googling "interview questions" and there won't be any surprises.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions like, name your 3 best qualities and why?   Answer Question

Teaching and Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

Originally, the job title was "Research Assistant." However, once the interview began, they stated that the actual title of the position was "Program Assistant." This was misleading and not the specific job I was intending to interview for. Inside the room, I spoke with director and supervisor, who closely followed a list of questions, leaving little room for conversation.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you experienced conflict while on a job or project.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Waterloo in June 2014.

Interview

An interview held at the University of Waterloo, in person for 20 mins. The interview was very short and lasted around 20 minutes. An interview held at the University of Waterloo, in person for 20 mins. The interview was very short and lasted around 20 minutes.

Residence Life Don Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo.

Interview

Apply to their website and receive a response a week after the submission deadline.

Interview Questions

• Just be positive and show that you love helping people. Also come up with ideas for future events you would like to hold.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo.

Interview

Very straight forward. I was interviewed by a professor. Questions about academic and any extracurricular activities I was involved in.

Interview Questions

• What part of your professional life as a student would you change and why?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

Casual at first as it was a contract. If you apply for a contract job, the process seems a little less intimidating. If full time job permanent, that is a different mindset.

Interview Questions

• Situational and many questions about give me an example of ...
      Also many behavioral questions, what would you do in the case of...
      1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

A panel interview with two of the ops team members. Their interview questions weren't great. For one, they seemed really overly concerned about educational background/experience and didn't really seem receptive to candidates without a Research Analyst post-grad certificate, which totally put a damper on the experience. I don't even know why they interviewed me in the first place, given how put off they were by my choice of undergrad major. Just weird, incredulous grilling me on my resume details. There weren't any real competency-based questions, and they weren't easy to establish a rapport with. I usually find people who are interviewing me to be likeable, but they didn't come across as easy people to work with.

Interview Questions

• If I am comfortable with staying past regular work hours to finish a task.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2010.

Interview

Phone interview first; if passed, flowed by on-site 1:1 interview; if passed, job offer will come.

Interview Questions

• Reverse the word sequence in a string   1 Answer