University of Waterloo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Waterloo Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.4

Mechanical Engineering Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

Submit high school transcript and AIF form, get offer if you meet the criteria. I applied through OUAC. I don't work there per se, I'm a co op student. You need a higher average to get into the co-op program. Engineering is co-op only.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

Casual at first as it was a contract. If you apply for a contract job, the process seems a little less intimidating. If full time job permanent, that is a different mindset.

Interview Questions

• Situational and many questions about give me an example of ...
      Also many behavioral questions, what would you do in the case of...
      1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Waterloo in January 2012.

Interview

First you have to contact the professor through email and let him know about your experience and academic background in the related field. After that if professor is satisfied with you, he will most probably would like to interview you on skype. Mostly he asks technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If it covers all your tuition and living expenses, you should accept the offer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Waterloo in March 2011.

Interview

I have been interviewed once. It was phone-interview. I can suggest that you should remain relax because it makes easy to understand and explain what you want to say. Sometimes nervous can ruin all interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2010.

Interview

Phone interview first; if passed, flowed by on-site 1:1 interview; if passed, job offer will come.

Interview Questions

• Reverse the word sequence in a string   1 Answer

Sys Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2010.

Interview

Interview Questions

• 2 Strings each take 1/2 hr long to burn out at unknown rate , how do you time 45 min?   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied to University Portal and was called for the interview. It took almost 2 weeks to hear from the lab supervisor. Proper training was given prior to lab sessions :)

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo in December 2015.

Interview

Contacted by professor after applying for masters degree, was interviewed over the phone, received offer shortly afterwards, went over my CV and general background, discussed projects and then was asked a few networks questions

The idea for university graduate admissions is to try and reach out to professors with matching interests and look for a project for which they may fund you, generally if you have a solid background and a matching project, it is likely you will be selected

Interview Questions

• Describe the differences between DCTCP vs TCP? What is the network stack?   Answer Question

Development Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

One interview with the employer who would be the individual I directly reported to with behavioural questions and questions regarding prior experiences relevant to the role at hand.
    Interview featured background information on the role and background on certain confidential portions of the tasks which would be part of the individual’s duties

Interview Questions

• Discuss one time you produced a creative piece of work and how you managed feedback received on the process   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied through email and Jobmine. Process took a week or so. Was contacted through email and was told to drop in at listed times. Knock upon arrival. Was a casual 10 min interview in a lab. Very simple and direct. No need for formality which was nice.