University of Waterloo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Waterloo Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2017

2.4

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Very professional, fast, very nice people and respectful. Great questions great place great time . Long interview but expected. Enjoyed mock lecture. Fantastic classroom. Super nice committee people and good questions to be asked
    Overall very well and amazing

Interview Questions

• How unique your teaching is?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

Submit high school transcript and AIF form, get offer if you meet the criteria. I applied through OUAC. I don't work there per se, I'm a co op student. You need a higher average to get into the co-op program. Engineering is co-op only.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

Casual at first as it was a contract. If you apply for a contract job, the process seems a little less intimidating. If full time job permanent, that is a different mindset.

Interview Questions

• Situational and many questions about give me an example of ...
      Also many behavioral questions, what would you do in the case of...   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Waterloo in January 2012.

Interview

First you have to contact the professor through email and let him know about your experience and academic background in the related field. After that if professor is satisfied with you, he will most probably would like to interview you on skype. Mostly he asks technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If it covers all your tuition and living expenses, you should accept the offer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Waterloo in March 2011.

Interview

I have been interviewed once. It was phone-interview. I can suggest that you should remain relax because it makes easy to understand and explain what you want to say. Sometimes nervous can ruin all interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2010.

Interview

Phone interview first; if passed, flowed by on-site 1:1 interview; if passed, job offer will come.

Interview Questions

• Reverse the word sequence in a string   1 Answer

Sys Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2010.

Interview

Interview Questions

• 2 Strings each take 1/2 hr long to burn out at unknown rate , how do you time 45 min?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Waterloo in September 2017.

Interview

It was a phone Interview that lasted a brief call as scheduled over email, the whole thing lasted about 15 minutes, interviewer was very friendly but to the point and also went over job expectatitons which was helpful

Interview Questions

• How do you make a first impression with potential participants   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Well informed and rigorous without being intimidating. The interviewer had many question. Prep needed regarding the university as an institution was necessary to answer all of the questions. Situation was a little awkward because I was going from a teacher position internally to a different position so I was privy to a lot of the back end hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• How can you adhere to the policies at the University of Waterloo and make sure they are fulfilled?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process is standard. There are lot of questions related to the position you applied to but they are fairly easy and there are no trick questions. There are also scenario questions, the tip is to use real life examples, they are the best. The interview is usually one on one since it is a junior position and he or she is most likely your future supervisor if you get the job. It feels like a conversation.