University of Waterloo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 5, 2017

2.4

Customer Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I interviewed for the RCSG team and the interview process was fairly relaxed. The manager just had a short casual conversation, talked about university and how long he has been there. He asked if I have OSAP and he pretty much okayed me on the spot.

Undergrad TA Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Waterloo.

Interview

Work study position, applied for through online system and when granted, met with Department Head. I was in a small program, so prof knew me well and knew my work ethic and abilities.

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very informal discussions with doctoral supervisor to continue research and finish publications. It was a very brief interview to determine what additional responsibilities could be added to previous tasks done during degree completion.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little negotiation. All details were limited by university procedures and available funding.

Marker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

There is no interview. You just submit your application form. And people from the university will decide whether or not you could work as a marker or tutor. It is easy if you have very high previous GPA.

Manager, Partnerships Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was a two stage interview. The HR interview was first with basic behavioral questions. It took approximately 45 minutes. The second interview included a panel of 3, who took turns asking questions. The questions were focused on past experience addressing the requirements of the new job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years. Describe a time when you did not get along with a colleague   Answer Question

Entrepreneur In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

There was a group interview process which was just a bit of an info session to the position. I was asked the typical behavioral questions, my background in working with technology, as well as interest in entrepreneurship.

Records Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

Had an interview after 7 months of applying (already on contract in position), Interview 6 weeks ago and still haven't had a response. Interview was very thorough, have to have experience working in records (although no experience is required as long as you can maneuver around a computer). Interview takes place with HR rep and Plant Operations supervisor, lasted about an hour, probably 20 questions, fairly standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to have very strong attention to detail   Answer Question

Front Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was asked to fill out a form before going into the interview room. The interview is very form. One person is asking the question and the other one was sitting there and recording all of the answers you gave to them.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult time of your life? How did you get through it?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Interview

Well, for a postdoc position, I got a chance to come to Waterloo, just for an interview. The interview included a talk about my research as well as one-on-one meeting with every member in the research group. It took almost a whole day, but it was not so tough.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly about my research, so I did not find one of them much more challenging than others to answer.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Waterloo in January 2015.

Interview

call with the supervisor for 3 times,and a lot of email communication. Then got the oral offer, and after about 2 weeks, the official offer from university of waterloo came.