University of Waterloo Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 22, 2017

2.7

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Waterloo in September 2017.

Interview

It was a phone Interview that lasted a brief call as scheduled over email, the whole thing lasted about 15 minutes, interviewer was very friendly but to the point and also went over job expectatitons which was helpful

Interview Questions

• How do you make a first impression with potential participants   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for University of Waterloo

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through email and Jobmine. Process took a week or so. Was contacted through email and was told to drop in at listed times. Knock upon arrival. Was a casual 10 min interview in a lab. Very simple and direct. No need for formality which was nice.

Interview Questions

• What equipment do you know how to use? -Shows you around the lab-   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, QC (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Quick meeting with the supervisor with a quick rundown of the job. The supervisor then asked me a few questions about what i knew in the field of microfabrication and described the work being done in further detail.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

The professor will send you an email to ask you whether you are available to chat over skype, then you can decide a time slot which is available for both you and the professor. Just introduce what you have done to him, and remember, don't be nervous.

Interview Questions

• What have you ever done? Introduce you research experience. Something like this.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It was simple and straight forward. They told me straight away what the project is and what skills they are looking for. And asking me what can i do for them.

Interview Questions

• Explain the extent of my knowledge for specific coding language.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo.

Interview

Very straight forward. I was interviewed by a professor. Questions about academic and any extracurricular activities I was involved in.

Interview Questions

• What part of your professional life as a student would you change and why?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at University of Waterloo.

Interview

Online application-> possible interview -> department comity acceptance

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Waterloo in January 2012.

Interview

First you have to contact the professor through email and let him know about your experience and academic background in the related field. After that if professor is satisfied with you, he will most probably would like to interview you on skype. Mostly he asks technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If it covers all your tuition and living expenses, you should accept the offer

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in March 2011.

Interview

Iniital screening by resume and then a couple of interview by your prospective graduate advisors.
    interview was pretty informal and you were just asked what you know about a parituclar field,, no home assignment or anything else.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to Waterloo   1 Answer