University of Waterloo Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

University of Waterloo Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Apr 19, 2017

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The interview process I went through involved a lot of phone interviews because I lived 2500 miles away from San Francisco.

1. Applied Online
    2. Phone screening with internal recruiter
    3. Phone interview with hiring manager
    4. Phone interview with potential co-worker
    5. On-site interview with several managers and internal recruiter

Mechanical Engineering Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

Submit high school transcript and AIF form, get offer if you meet the criteria. I applied through OUAC. I don't work there per se, I'm a co op student. You need a higher average to get into the co-op program. Engineering is co-op only.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

The professor will send you an email to ask you whether you are available to chat over skype, then you can decide a time slot which is available for both you and the professor. Just introduce what you have done to him, and remember, don't be nervous.

Interview Questions

• What have you ever done? Introduce you research experience. Something like this.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

A panel interview with two of the ops team members. Their interview questions weren't great. For one, they seemed really overly concerned about educational background/experience and didn't really seem receptive to candidates without a Research Analyst post-grad certificate, which totally put a damper on the experience. I don't even know why they interviewed me in the first place, given how put off they were by my choice of undergrad major. Just weird, incredulous grilling me on my resume details. There weren't any real competency-based questions, and they weren't easy to establish a rapport with. I usually find people who are interviewing me to be likeable, but they didn't come across as easy people to work with.

Interview Questions

• If I am comfortable with staying past regular work hours to finish a task.   1 Answer

Sys Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2010.

Interview

Interview Questions

• 2 Strings each take 1/2 hr long to burn out at unknown rate , how do you time 45 min?   1 Answer