University of Waterloo Interview Questions in Waterloo, ON | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 8, 2017

2.3

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through email and Jobmine. Process took a week or so. Was contacted through email and was told to drop in at listed times. Knock upon arrival. Was a casual 10 min interview in a lab. Very simple and direct. No need for formality which was nice.

Interview Questions

• What equipment do you know how to use? -Shows you around the lab-   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Exam Proctor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

No interview, N/A, you just need to apply and you will have to select a day for training. You get pay as well on the training. Anyone can apply to be an exam proctor. Overall the process was smooth

Negotiation

No negotiation require since no interview.

Residence Life Don Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online through LEADS and heard back from them within a week. The interviews consisted of two parts: a carousel-style interview (individual) and group work. During the carousel-style interview, you go around to the various tables where someone will ask you one question. You have a certain amount of time to answer the questions. The group component was to see how well you work with other individuals when planning events.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were "Tell me a time when you..." They want you to talk about your past experiences and how it relates to being a Don   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied for the position of Project Assistant. I got the interview call in 3 days. During the interview I got the impression that I will be given this task.

Interview Questions

• Just basic question, hobbies, extra curricular activites   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted through email for an in-person interview. Interviewed by a peer and the person I would be reporting to. Interview was very stiff, questions read off of a sheet, so no matter what the answer the next question was already set. It made for a very awkward interview with a lot of repetition. No natural or lead opportunity to discuss what I could offer outside of their questionnaire, so they were looking for a candidate who was more of a box checker, very inside-the-lines for a marketing position. The interview ended with a 20 minute essay style test on a computer that didn't have a functioning keyboard. The whole thing was pretty awkward. I followed up afterwards to thank them and didn't get a response, and then followed up after not hearing from them for 3 weeks to ask for an update. The response was "hi, this position's been filled, thanks." Which felt thoughtless and unprofessional, but kept to the tone of the interview. People seemed nice enough, maybe a little dry and process driven. I did not receive an offer, and although I would have taken the role as something for the meantime, I would have left as soon as something more interesting came along so I'll concede that it wasn't a fit and I ain't mad.

Prepare yourself for a similar interview by googling "interview questions" and there won't be any surprises.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions like, name your 3 best qualities and why?   Answer Question

Customer Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I interviewed for the RCSG team and the interview process was fairly relaxed. The manager just had a short casual conversation, talked about university and how long he has been there. He asked if I have OSAP and he pretty much okayed me on the spot.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very informal discussions with doctoral supervisor to continue research and finish publications. It was a very brief interview to determine what additional responsibilities could be added to previous tasks done during degree completion.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little negotiation. All details were limited by university procedures and available funding.

Marker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

There is no interview. You just submit your application form. And people from the university will decide whether or not you could work as a marker or tutor. It is easy if you have very high previous GPA.

Manager, Partnerships Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was a two stage interview. The HR interview was first with basic behavioral questions. It took approximately 45 minutes. The second interview included a panel of 3, who took turns asking questions. The questions were focused on past experience addressing the requirements of the new job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years. Describe a time when you did not get along with a colleague   Answer Question