University of Waterloo Interview Questions in Waterloo, ON | Glassdoor

2.3

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Very professional, fast, very nice people and respectful. Great questions great place great time . Long interview but expected. Enjoyed mock lecture. Fantastic classroom. Super nice committee people and good questions to be asked
    Overall very well and amazing

Interview Questions

• How unique your teaching is?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Well informed and rigorous without being intimidating. The interviewer had many question. Prep needed regarding the university as an institution was necessary to answer all of the questions. Situation was a little awkward because I was going from a teacher position internally to a different position so I was privy to a lot of the back end hiring decision.

Interview Questions

• How can you adhere to the policies at the University of Waterloo and make sure they are fulfilled?   Answer Question

Gene 121 TA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I wa really simple. you just apply on job mine and wait for an interview. then the ranking process. ant that is pretty much it. During the interview they just ask you trivial questions and also to code some simple stuff.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a student is struggling with some piece of code?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied through email and Jobmine. Process took a week or so. Was contacted through email and was told to drop in at listed times. Knock upon arrival. Was a casual 10 min interview in a lab. Very simple and direct. No need for formality which was nice.

Interview Questions

• What equipment do you know how to use? -Shows you around the lab-   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Exam Proctor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)).

Interview

No interview, N/A, you just need to apply and you will have to select a day for training. You get pay as well on the training. Anyone can apply to be an exam proctor. Overall the process was smooth

Negotiation

No negotiation require since no interview.

Residence Life Don Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online through LEADS and heard back from them within a week. The interviews consisted of two parts: a carousel-style interview (individual) and group work. During the carousel-style interview, you go around to the various tables where someone will ask you one question. You have a certain amount of time to answer the questions. The group component was to see how well you work with other individuals when planning events.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were "Tell me a time when you..." They want you to talk about your past experiences and how it relates to being a Don   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Thorough and concise. 99% of technical questions, mostly aptitude based ones.
    Was given hints in case of trick questions, often found them helpful.
    Also, I felt it best to admit my lack of expertise in answering one of the questions, the interviewer totally moved on and didn't dwell on it.

Interview Questions

• What do you hope to accomplish as a graduate student?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

There was a panel interview with three interviewers which I had over Skype for an hour since I was out-of-province. The staff were very approachable, friendly, and easy to speak with.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Waterloo (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process is standard. There are lot of questions related to the position you applied to but they are fairly easy and there are no trick questions. There are also scenario questions, the tip is to use real life examples, they are the best. The interview is usually one on one since it is a junior position and he or she is most likely your future supervisor if you get the job. It feels like a conversation.