University of West Florida Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of West Florida Interview Questions

Updated Jan 3, 2018

2.4

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of West Florida.

Interview

Applied on uwf website, created a resume, cover letter and reference sheet. Later did an interview with a group panel. The process took a long time, but overall was worth it. Ended up getting half of my tuition paid for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of West Florida.

Interview

After the initial application then a phone interview. A few days after the phone interview I was invited for an onsite interview where I presented my work from my past projects.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position and what do you hope to achieve from this position.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of West Florida (Pensacola, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

Rescheduled once, met with two people but was given very little information before going in as to what the job was even for. (I applied to an admin pool for different departments.)
     Director hadn't reviewed anything in my resume apparently and then asked me "how I thought I would fit this position". I replied I had no idea, since her current admin had given me NO INFO on what the job entailed, even though I asked for this specifically by email. I explained to her that it was a job pool application but my background was in Computer Sci, admin, and cyber forensics so an admin in support of the same department should be a great fit and assignment. Disappointingly, the position was part time, grant-based, nothing permanent or benefited, and not exactly college graduate suitable. I was emailed the following Monday and told I was not selected, etc. Pleasant interview, but pretty much a waste of time the way it was set up and the way info was exchanged (or not) in pursuit of a discussion of the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you faced a challenge and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of West Florida (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

I was contacted by someone I knew at a federal agency and invited to apply for a position. The person I knew had recommended me for the position after HR had asked the person for recommendations for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your prior work experience involving the type of work with the vacant position.   1 Answer
    • Strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of West Florida (Pensacola, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I was already a graduate student there, and when a faculty member heard about a graduate assistantship opportunity outside of the department, she recommended me for it. I went in for my interview, which was low-stress and the woman was incredibly kind, and got the job that day.

Interview Questions

• What hours would you be available to work (around classes)?   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of West Florida (Pensacola, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Must talk with department recruiter or entrance personnel. Then wait about a week to get a phone call or email to come in and meet the professor. Interview with the professor and if your skills and interest align a verbal offer is made at that time. Then you communicate with HR to get into the system for payroll which is about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed

Coordinator of Career Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Walton Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of West Florida (Fort Walton Beach, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

The position was advertised through the university's joblink. I was notified by email when my application was accepted. The chair of the hiring committee called within 72 hours of the close of the post to set-up a phone interview. Four individuals asked one question each. The phone interview lasted less than 15 minutes. The chair called me back within 48 hours to set up an on-campus interview. The interview consisted of all four committee members asking two questions each. The interview concluded with an exit interview with the executive director. I received a job offer within 48 hours.

Interview Questions

• How flexible are you with the work schedule, being this is a branch campus that caters to non-traditional students?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of West Florida.

Interview

must be recommended by professor. single interview with department graduate assistant mentor. Must be enrolled student and have B average. must be recommended by professor. single interview with department graduate assistant mentor. Must be enrolled student and have B average.

TS Skills Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of West Florida (Pensacola, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was not that difficult. It started with receiving a mass email looking for students willing to help with a program that taught middle school students about engineering and robotics. I replied to express my interest and then I met with the faculty in charge of the program.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly just regarding how far along in my major I was. If I was comfortable explaining programming to people and if I could explain how basic arduino projects worked.   1 Answer

Building Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of West Florida (Pensacola, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was very easy and streamline. After the application was submitted the company emailed me with a info session time to provide me more information about the organization structure.

Interview was team based, which you had to work with other people to solve problems.

Interview Questions

• How can you change the culture of people being on their cellphones during work.   Answer Question

Negotiation