University of West Florida Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 10, 2017

2.0

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of West Florida (Pensacola, FL).

Interview

I was contacted by someone I knew at a federal agency and invited to apply for a position. The person I knew had recommended me for the position after HR had asked the person for recommendations for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your prior work experience involving the type of work with the vacant position.   1 Answer
    • Strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of West Florida (Pensacola, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Must talk with department recruiter or entrance personnel. Then wait about a week to get a phone call or email to come in and meet the professor. Interview with the professor and if your skills and interest align a verbal offer is made at that time. Then you communicate with HR to get into the system for payroll which is about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed

Coordinator of Career Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Walton Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of West Florida (Fort Walton Beach, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

The position was advertised through the university's joblink. I was notified by email when my application was accepted. The chair of the hiring committee called within 72 hours of the close of the post to set-up a phone interview. Four individuals asked one question each. The phone interview lasted less than 15 minutes. The chair called me back within 48 hours to set up an on-campus interview. The interview consisted of all four committee members asking two questions each. The interview concluded with an exit interview with the executive director. I received a job offer within 48 hours.

Interview Questions

• How flexible are you with the work schedule, being this is a branch campus that caters to non-traditional students?   Answer Question

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of West Florida.

Interview

must be recommended by professor. single interview with department graduate assistant mentor. Must be enrolled student and have B average. must be recommended by professor. single interview with department graduate assistant mentor. Must be enrolled student and have B average.

TS Skills Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of West Florida (Pensacola, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was not that difficult. It started with receiving a mass email looking for students willing to help with a program that taught middle school students about engineering and robotics. I replied to express my interest and then I met with the faculty in charge of the program.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly just regarding how far along in my major I was. If I was comfortable explaining programming to people and if I could explain how basic arduino projects worked.   1 Answer

Building Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of West Florida (Pensacola, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was very easy and streamline. After the application was submitted the company emailed me with a info session time to provide me more information about the organization structure.

Interview was team based, which you had to work with other people to solve problems.

Interview Questions

• How can you change the culture of people being on their cellphones during work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Office Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of West Florida (Pensacola, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

Was brought into a room with 5 people in it. They asked me questions and asked me about my self and then shoot my had as I left. It went really well and I had a good feeling about the position and I felt as theough they were able to see that I was good fit for them as well

Interview Questions

• What kind of computer data base knowlege I had   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of West Florida (Pensacola, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview was conducted by one professional staff member and one other resident assistant who had been in the position for at least a year. It consisted of being asked pretty standard questions about your experience in housing and what made you want to apply for the job. Why you thought you would be good for the position and what you thought you could bring to the table to improve a staff. There was also a heavy emphasis on character and personality during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do think you would be a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pensacola, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of West Florida (Pensacola, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

It was a general interview. Presentation followed by question answer session. Prior to that there was dinner. There was a one to one interview with the Dean ,chair and other members of the selection committee.
    This was during the on campus interview. There was a screening interview through the phone.

Office Administrator Interview

Interview

Received a phone call offering me an interview. I interviewed with two people, in business attire. Very professional interview, had the opportunity at the end of the interview to ask the interviewer questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe myself without including anything about my work habits or work life.   Answer Question