University of Western Australia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Western Australia Interview Questions

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Western Australia

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Western Australia.

Interview

After initial resume review a Skype interview was done for about an hour and an offer was made within a couple of weeks. 4 person interview panel asked questions mostly about background and current trends in the field.

Interview Questions

offer based on soft money

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Western Australia (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in January 2015.

Interview

Very quick and relaxed. The interviewers had interviewed 10 people prior to me. They seemed to be interested the whole way through and provided feedback relatively quickly. The process was very enjoyable, however one of the interviewers did seem to get distracted (could tell he was not as knowledgeable on the subject)

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Western Australia (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)).

Interview

Phone call to ask if I was interested in tutoring a unit

Interview Questions

• No questions - give out positions based on successful grades   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Western Australia (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in May 2010.

Interview

It's a very serious interview process, starting from the 2 hours they ask you to allocate for the day. Very organized, they arranged a day with at least a week in advance. After a quick chat on the phone, when you get to the interview, there is a 15 minute time allowed to study the interview sheet and make any notes should you need. Once inside, the panel consisted in 6 people, from the direct position's manager to the HR manager, and also the cultural diversity officer. All with a round of questions and some specific knowledge tested, it took 45 minutes at least to go over. In the end, there was a practical test, lasting another 45 minutes to demonstrate your skills with the subject area, as if you were on the job (simulating in a different organization).

Interview Questions

• (In the previous company) How did you make your old-fashioned superior understand the new technologies and accept it?   1 Answer
    • Could you present this Marketing Plan with your insights added up?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Western Australia (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in May 2010.

Interview

Including workshop visiting and paired-up activities, paper based test (some very basic engineering questions such as the speed of sound as well as numerical calculations), panel interview (5 to one, more like pressure test), group discussion, presentation etc. Lasted for 2 whole days, from 6am till 11pm (officially, but we went to bed around 2am for the preparation of next morning's presentation.