University of Winchester Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of Winchester

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Winchester (Winchester, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

One on one interview based on my experience and background. Information about the job and job description as well as skills test in book organisation. Test obtained written part and a practical part to see if I understood the organisational system of the books correctly to spare time by not having to teach me.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with working in silence?   1 Answer

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Winchester (Winchester, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview process was remarkably disorganized and unprofessional. I had to give a presentation and the guidelines were changed with less than one week's notice prior to the interview. To their credit, I was allowed to give my (already completed) presentation using the original guidelines, but after I had finished presenting, the questions they asked indicated they had not remembered I was using those guidelines. Making them aware of this during the interview was incredibly awkward. I think it went as well as can be expected from that point! At the end of the interview I was not given the opportunity to ask any questions (I had several) and this was the nail in the coffin that convinced me I did not want to work for them. I was not offered the job, which was a relief. I have a feeling that the way this interview went was more or less due to the academics behind the post, rather than HR, but it didn't give me a great overall impression of the university.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several questions relating to research methods, particularly in relation to the use of new technology and participant informed consent.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Winchester (Winchester, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted by a panel of four interviewers who each took turns to ask random questions related to the specific job and person specification. Some question were competency style questions, others were not The process felt quite informal and was friendly. The interview started with each person introducing themselves and their role within the department. Their hierarchical relationship was not clear. One of the panel walked me back to the reception area and talked very positively about what a great place the University is to work at and encouraged me to apply again for another post, should I not be successful on that occasion.

I was told at the end of the interview that I would hear back on the following day. In the end it took a further two days, which lead me to believe that they had offered the job to someone else and were waiting to hear back before letting me know I had not been successful.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a situation where a student was being rude to a member of staff at the admin desk?   Answer Question

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Winchester (Winchester, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Relevant, friendly and encouraging. It was well organised and they made me feel at home. The feedback and result occurred within 24 hours and they were prepared to wait over 6 months for me to take up the offer, which was brilliant.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to the University?   1 Answer

Design Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Winchester (Winchester, England (UK)) in December 2009.

Interview

Thorough and professional. They were courteous and polite, and I felt appreciated and welcomed, although there was no sign before, during or directly the interview which outcome would follow. The day after, I received a phone call where I was offered the Role, and I was thrilled - said yes please and started a month after.

Interview Questions

• Why I had changed jobs so frequently, but when telling them that this was due to following my husband's career (which was the reason for having accepted short term-contracts), I felt that this was reason enough to help them understand this issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation in the beginning, this followed after a 3 month review.