University of Windsor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 29, 2017

2.6

General Market Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quakertown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Windsor (Quakertown, PA) in April 2016.

Interview

There are four interviewers who come to interview me. The first one is the group leader who we may be work together. The second one is one of the group colleagues. Then is the big boss who is in charge of the department. The last one is the HR director.

Employment Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Windsor (Windsor, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Very professional and considerate of the candidates time. The questions were all scenario based and was conducted by two people, the Director of HR and the Manager of the department. After the interview there were two different tests for data entry and Excel.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Windsor (Windsor, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

I got an interview from the scholarship committee of the University. It was almost a month long process and had to cross through 2 interviews to finally get rewwarded. among 15 candidates i got seleccted and was thankfull to university for this award

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Windsor (Windsor, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Each student applies for the positions they are interested in, and then the professors decide which applicants they are interested in and call them in for interviews. Each short-listed student is interviewed, and then each professor choose the student who they believe is the best fit or who they like the best.

Interview Questions

• What are your qualification for this research?
      What are you planning on doing after graduate school?
      How busy is your schedule?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Windsor.

Interview

Initial communication was providing a resume that detailed experience and meeting with management for an informal interview. After an in-person discussion, they reached out to me with an email specifying sessional teaching opportunities. You're asked to check-off your preferences in which courses you'd like to teach and then they email you with an offer if they decide you're a fit.

Interview Questions

• Interview was informal, asked whether I had any previous teaching experience and overview of private sector experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation. This is a unionized faculty position and the salary is dictated by the collective bargaining agreement.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Windsor.

Interview

Sent the CV through email to professor. Next step was a video call. Mostly technical questions and discussion about the research field.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Windsor (Windsor, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

There was not any interview as such. You just go and talk to individual professors to see if they can offer any position in their office. You need to show that you're really interested by following them around everywhere and by constantly keeping in touch with them about any research openings.

Career Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Windsor (Windsor, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

It was very informational based on actual work situations. If you didn't have enough experience or relatable experience, it would definitely show up in this format of resume. It was extremely important to review the job posting and prep by matching actual work experience stories to the requirements. They pretty well followed the job posting in order. Actual stories over theory were preferred. They also wanted to know volume of service provided.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time from start to finish your interaction with a student, starting priort to graduation and helping them to secure new work.   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Windsor (Windsor, ON (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

Straight forward, it was a 1 on 1 interview, asked a lot of personality based questions, I waited a week they called me with an offer. I prepared just by ensuring I understood the research proposal and I had relevant skills. They responded well to using the STAR approach. The professor offered feedback for my interview which has been beneficial. Happy with the process it wasn't intense. A lot of work, don't ask for overtime. Extended health package was great.

Student Interview

Interview

Telephone interview