University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics

2.6

Clinical Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics in July 2015.

Interview

Got a phone interview call within 3 days of submitting an online application. HR interview for about 45 minutes. It was fairly easy and smooth. I was scheduled for one hour phone interview but it was fast paced. I was given the opportunity to ask questions at the end of the interview but the answers I got were not very clear. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Standard HR questions about strengths, difficult situations at work etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics (Madison, WI) in May 2009.

Interview

I applied online and immediately had to take an online test regarding basic nursing aide skills. (Ridiculously easy, seriously basic common sense) A couple of weeks later, I was contact by HR for a phone interview. This was also very easy, mainly just asking what I was looking for and telling me what position are available. At the end of the interview, she informed me that my name would be passed along to the hiring manager for the specific department in which I wanted to work. I was called back days later to set up an in-person interview with this person That interview was also easy. Very basic questions, like slow-speed softballs. That was it. A week later I was notified that I got the position provided I could pass a drug/2-step TB test and provide copies of my certification. It was all very basic and easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation wasn't an option.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics (Madison, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

Applications all go through their online database. I had filled out about 50 online applications for different CNA positions. Then about a month later they posted a rolling general CNA application, and I received an email invitation for a phone interview about a week after applying to that. Getting in contact with the phone interviewer for scheduling was difficult. I received her voicemail twice a day for an entire week, before getting fed up and calling the general HR line. I told them that I was struggling to get ahold of her and they transferred me to another person to schedule it. The phone interview was pleasant. They have a few situation interview questions, but also are very interested in what you are looking for. At the end of the interview she asked what departments I was interested in and matched me with a department I liked that had a spot open for an in person interview. That department was very prompt in contacting me, and the interview was also very pleasant. It was mostly informational, with a few situational questions and questions about my personality. After that is over they ask for 4 references by way of an online survey. It is very easy to do, and you can even see a copy of the survey that they send. Less than a week after submitting the references I was offered the job!

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time when you experienced a conflict with a coworker? What was it? and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in UW Hospitals and Clinics?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics (Madison, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for the general Nursing Assistant position via their career website. A few weeks later, I received an email asking me to call them within 10 days if I was still interested in the position. I called and answered a few questions regarding how many hours I wanted to work per week, etc. During that phone call, I was scheduled for a phone interview with a recruiter for the next day. That phone interview went into a bit more depth about why I applied for the position, strengths, weaknesses, how I deal with conflict, preferred areas to work in, etc. I was able to ask questions as well. At the close of the phone interview I was told I would now be put into a pool that hiring managers from the specific departments could access. I was told I would hear back from a hiring manager within a few weeks, and that I would set up interviews with hiring managers directly. Later that day, I got a call from a hiring manager to set up a face to face interview in a specific unit at the hospital. That interview/unit tour lasted about an hour, and I was able to meet NA's and RN's that worked on the unit. Later that day, I was contacted via phone and email for a reference check. I was able to enter all of my references (you need at least 4) electronically, and they were all able to submit their references online. A week later, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How many hours do you want to work per week?
      Greatest strength?
      Greatest weakness?
      Tell me about a specific time you had to deal with conflict with a co-worker/patient/customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics (Madison, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screen followed by a 1:1 interview with nurse manager. Relatively straight-forward interview, no curve balls. Typical interview questions, professional yet comfortable setting. References were checked after the interview and asked to complete a brief online survey.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with another employee and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What are some of your weaknesses? How are you improving on them?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work on this unit?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for this organization?   Answer Question
    • How will your previous experience benefit you work here?   Answer Question

Anesthesia Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics (Madison, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

It took about 45 minutes. It was conversational and not too intimidating. I went in for 1 interview and was hired the same day. She was very open and the questions were stereotypical interview questions. Be prepared to park in the parking garage but they compensate you with a parking pass for the interview day.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to authority?   1 Answer

Finance Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics in April 2013.

Interview

Only one round of interview but interviewed by 2 people separately. Interviewers are really friendly. Ensure you are willing to commit till summer semester before you apply for the job. They require at least a year of commitment to the job. They basically asked questions about yourself and your skills. They would also like to know how you can contribute to the department with the skills described.

Interview Questions

• They asked about what my previous employee will praise about me   Answer Question

RN Interview

Interview

Very inviting atmosphere comfortable conversations and informative. Interviewers made the session less stressful by being very personable. Interview process only took a couple weeks. Interview or were very open about the position and what some of the difficulties in the position might look like.

RN, Bsn Interview

Interview

I was hired into the Nurse Residency program after working as a nursing assistant. Moving from NA to RN was easy - they like to grow their ow. Getting the NA position on the first place was very difficult. It took several weeks to hear back from HR after my interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if you foud you had made a mistake with a patient's medication?   Answer Question

Emergency Department Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics (Madison, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

Online test at time of online application, Phone interview, in person interview. The process as a whole took about two months. After all the interviews it took approximately 2 weeks to receive an offer in which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had a conflict with another employee. How did you resolve the situation and what did you gain from it?   1 Answer
    • They described a stressful situation involving triaging/prioritizing tasks.   1 Answer