University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

2.4

Nurse Resident Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics.

Interview

First phone interview was done 2 weeks prior to second interview. The second interview was an in-person interview with the Nurse manager and a panel. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating with scheduling the interview to work around college class schedule.

Certified Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics (Madison, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and provided several references. After my references had responded they went ahead and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview included many structured questions and was conducted by someone in HR. I was then contacted and went in for an interview with the Nurse Manager. She was very friendly and more casual than the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one way you innovated in your former workplace?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics (Madison, WI) in September 2015.

Interview

we greeted each other he was friendly and he liked my smile. I was hired for the job, it didn't pay enough for the work they want me to do.

Interview Questions

the pay was not enough for all the work and their was no raise or upgrade.

Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics (Madison, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for the general Nursing Assistant position via their career website. A few weeks later, I received an email asking me to call them within 10 days if I was still interested in the position. I called and answered a few questions regarding how many hours I wanted to work per week, etc. During that phone call, I was scheduled for a phone interview with a recruiter for the next day. That phone interview went into a bit more depth about why I applied for the position, strengths, weaknesses, how I deal with conflict, preferred areas to work in, etc. I was able to ask questions as well. At the close of the phone interview I was told I would now be put into a pool that hiring managers from the specific departments could access. I was told I would hear back from a hiring manager within a few weeks, and that I would set up interviews with hiring managers directly. Later that day, I got a call from a hiring manager to set up a face to face interview in a specific unit at the hospital. That interview/unit tour lasted about an hour, and I was able to meet NA's and RN's that worked on the unit. Later that day, I was contacted via phone and email for a reference check. I was able to enter all of my references (you need at least 4) electronically, and they were all able to submit their references online. A week later, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How many hours do you want to work per week?
      Greatest strength?
      Greatest weakness?
      Tell me about a specific time you had to deal with conflict with a co-worker/patient/customer.   Answer Question

Clinical Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics in July 2015.

Interview

Got a phone interview call within 3 days of submitting an online application. HR interview for about 45 minutes. It was fairly easy and smooth. I was scheduled for one hour phone interview but it was fast paced. I was given the opportunity to ask questions at the end of the interview but the answers I got were not very clear. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Standard HR questions about strengths, difficult situations at work etc.   Answer Question

Nursing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics (Madison, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

Applications all go through their online database. I had filled out about 50 online applications for different CNA positions. Then about a month later they posted a rolling general CNA application, and I received an email invitation for a phone interview about a week after applying to that. Getting in contact with the phone interviewer for scheduling was difficult. I received her voicemail twice a day for an entire week, before getting fed up and calling the general HR line. I told them that I was struggling to get ahold of her and they transferred me to another person to schedule it. The phone interview was pleasant. They have a few situation interview questions, but also are very interested in what you are looking for. At the end of the interview she asked what departments I was interested in and matched me with a department I liked that had a spot open for an in person interview. That department was very prompt in contacting me, and the interview was also very pleasant. It was mostly informational, with a few situational questions and questions about my personality. After that is over they ask for 4 references by way of an online survey. It is very easy to do, and you can even see a copy of the survey that they send. Less than a week after submitting the references I was offered the job!

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time when you experienced a conflict with a coworker? What was it? and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in UW Hospitals and Clinics?   Answer Question

Nurse Resident Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics.

Interview

I've been employed as a Nursing Assistant with UW for the past 2 years and they didn't even offer me a face to face interview. I had a phone interview, but that's it. They provided me with tuition reimbursement for nursing school, yet made no effort to retain me as an RN. I had good reviews from my fellow staff and the registered nurses I worked with. They never provided me with a valid reason as to why i didn't receive a unit interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a conflct you've had with a co-worker, how did you respond?   1 Answer

Emergency Department Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics (Madison, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

Online test at time of online application, Phone interview, in person interview. The process as a whole took about two months. After all the interviews it took approximately 2 weeks to receive an offer in which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had a conflict with another employee. How did you resolve the situation and what did you gain from it?   1 Answer
    • They described a stressful situation involving triaging/prioritizing tasks.   1 Answer

Nurse Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin Hospital And Clinics.

Interview

Extremely long interview/hiring process. Multiple interviews with many different groups and individuals. Took a long time from initial phone interview, in person interview process, and actual job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated based on another job offer I received at the same time.

RN, Bsn Interview

Interview

I was hired into the Nurse Residency program after working as a nursing assistant. Moving from NA to RN was easy - they like to grow their ow. Getting the NA position on the first place was very difficult. It took several weeks to hear back from HR after my interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if you foud you had made a mistake with a patient's medication?   Answer Question