University of Wisconsin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at University of Wisconsin

2.7

Sort:

Assistant Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin in December 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of three of the departments researchers. They asked about my past experience/projects. They also asked what I thought I could contribute to the department. The interview lasted a little more than an hour

Assistant Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in April 2010.

Interview

I first give a 45 min presentation and then meet with about 8 peoples individually, I had lunch with the group.
    it is very extensive interview, you better have a really good sleep at the night before the interview. The peoples are very cold and you get be used to no smile situation.

Interview Questions

• why you want to work here, what is your goal in the next five years.   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in June 2011.

Interview

Stepped in and asked if they were hiring, she gave me an interview that week. The questions were basic - what are my strengths, what are my weaknesses. How do I deal with difficult situations.

Web Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2007.

Interview

First interviewed with Bookstore manger, then IMT manger.
    Very quick, and simple interviews since the job was designed for a student working park time hours with no Benfits. Had to call many times to get the first interview, the Bookstore director is always busy. Was asked why I want this job, what do I hope to get out of it, past experience etc.. I did not bring a portfolio. I did mention my classes in webdesign. The IMT manger was more silent, and ackward.. I felt like I had to carry the interview, and do the talking. The bookstore was very busy, while the IMT department want slow and quiet. The bookstore depends on the IMT department to keep their site up and running.

Interview Questions

• why did you quit your last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in October 2010.

Interview

It first started with tough examination. The exam has fore sections and most of the people only managed to finished 2 sections. After that is a nice, inform section, going through the history of the company, the future they have. Most important, the hiring positions they have.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in November 2011.

Interview

The panel interview was as expected for University of Wisconsin - a "round up" of employees available to serve, some of which have no concept of what would (or wouldn't) make an applicant successful in the position. I was surprised however, with such a large institution, of some of the comments made during the process. Although I am no HR expert, they seem to have bordered on the illegal.
    I earned one of two finalist spots and when I finally met with the ultimate hiring manager, he couldn't be bothered talking to me. Mostly spoke about himself and then cut us off at the half hour mark. It was apparent that the hiring decision was made prior to my interview and he was just going through the motions. It was disappointing that I took time off of work (two separate days, over two hours) to go through the interview process when, prepared my references, completed a background check, come to find out, the job went to an internal candidate that was earmarked from the beginning (based on a reliable internal source). The processes and procedures of University of Wisconsin require the protocol of a search and screen committee and panel interview. Although I feel I was the more qualified applicant, I regret I was simply used as a requirement fulfillment for this department to hire the person they had in mind from the beginning. My advice to future applicants is to verify if there is an internal applicant applying for the same position you are considering. If there is, I would suggest withdrawing your application as I have seen this very thing happen again and again at UW. It is a flaw in the system that unfortunately I fell victim to.

Interview Questions

• How good of writer are you?   1 Answer

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (La Crosse, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a sit down in chair's office, he asked me 5 questions about teaching philosophy, then gave me a sheet describing the class I would teach and the times that it met. He gave me a syllabus from the last instructor and told me I could use it or change it.

Senior Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in May 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview which was fairly general in nature. This was followed by an in person interview which lasted the better part of 4 hours. The University is large and each hiring entity will have there own style as it pertains to interviewing. I have found that interviews for laboratory positions are rather laid back and less formal.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I could leverage my skills to meet the needs of the lab.   Answer Question

Interview

Fast and efficient interview process. A lot of university resources for clinical research, clinical and family support and options to go through and choose from; ask details so you can fit your specific profile. Senior administrators are useful, but pay attention to the fine print. Overall a comfortable setup and a friendly interview environment.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI).

Interview

Standard graduate school application and interview. Online application with essays, test scores, recommendations. Interview and visit weekend with day-long series of interviews, weekend-long assessment by interaction with current students.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation possible