University of Wisconsin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Wisconsin Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2016

2.7

Academic Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin.

Interview

Phone Screen with 3 people; only 1 asked questions. Many questions were about my ability to do the job; they were definitely asking questions from a pre-written list. The hiring process seemed like they were handicapped by human resources and the position has been empty for quite some time due to that.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position and how can you contribute to this department?   Answer Question

Help Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin.

Interview

Behavioral interview; three questions to see if you're customer service oriented. They were looking for you to talk about customer service, communication, and critical thinking. Interview was with two employees.

Assistant Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin in December 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of three of the departments researchers. They asked about my past experience/projects. They also asked what I thought I could contribute to the department. The interview lasted a little more than an hour

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (La Crosse, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a sit down in chair's office, he asked me 5 questions about teaching philosophy, then gave me a sheet describing the class I would teach and the times that it met. He gave me a syllabus from the last instructor and told me I could use it or change it.

Interview

Quick, it was a two week process. Right after I applied they emailed me wanting to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview they schedules an in person interview with all of the human resources staff. About a week after the in person interview I was given an offer and had accepted

Interview Questions

• What are important aspects of human resources? What experience have you had that makes you a good candidate?   Answer Question

Academic Tutor Interview

Interview

You submit an application online to the program. The program will respond to you and schedule you for an interview. The interview was behavioral questions conducted by the supervisor of the program. The interview lasted to about 20-30 minutes.

Research Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for a Skype interview a few days later. It was a panel interview and they rotated around the table who was asking questions. About 5 minutes before the interview, they sent me a list of the questions they were going to ask so I could look it over.

Research Associate-employee In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

Telephonic, Technical and HR. Asked about my background, work experience and future directions. I was interviewed with 8 persons on different timings. I was also taken to lunch and dinner. Overall the process i was good and manageable.

Interview Questions

• General HR questions Asked about my background, work experience and future directions   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin.

Interview

I was required to prepare a two-page maximum cover letter in response as to how my experiences met each minimum qualification and submitted my resume in addition to a standard online job seeking account. I was contacted a month later that I was selected for an interview and was asked for my availability on a given day. The interview was with 4 members, one the direct boss I would have been working under, a lady from the offices in Madison, an AmeriCorps Vista member, and the co-department head. The interview was over Skype where I was projected on a screen in front of them.

Interview Questions

• There were multiple questions regarding my experience educating youth, of which my experience is limited, making those questions difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI).

Interview

Standard graduate school application and interview. Online application with essays, test scores, recommendations. Interview and visit weekend with day-long series of interviews, weekend-long assessment by interaction with current students.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation possible

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
University of Wisconsin Academic Associate Interview Why are you interested in this position and how can you contribute to this department?
University of Wisconsin Help Desk Interview Tell me about a time when you worked a with a group.
University of Wisconsin Assistant Researcher Interview What attracted you to the role/position
University of Wisconsin Human Resources Assistant Interview What are important aspects of human resources? What experience have you had that makes you a good candidate?
University of Wisconsin Academic Tutor Interview Name a conflict you had and how did you solve it.
University of Wisconsin Research Administrator Interview Madison, WI typical behavioral questions
University of Wisconsin Research Associate-employee In Training Interview Madison, WI General HR questions Asked about my background, work experience and future directions
University of Wisconsin Fond Du Lac County Bilingual 4-H Youth Developer Interview There were multiple questions regarding my experience educating youth, of which my experience is limited, making those questions difficult to answer.
University of Wisconsin Graduate Research Assistant Interview Madison, WI Why do you want to pursue a PhD?