University of Wisconsin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Wisconsin Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.7

Career Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin in July 2011.

Interview

They first interviewed my references. Each of my references were interviewed by phone for at least one hour. It is their process to filter candidates out this way but I felt it was a burden on my references, though I understand-as they don't want to waste time with candidates and poor references. I was accepted as one of the finalists and invited onto campus. It was a wonderful interview, lots of joking and serious conversation about the future possibilities of the department. In all, it took three hours. I was sure I was going to get an offer but was rejected. The reason I am a little sour from the experience is that they hired internally-sort of. Departments were merging and the director hired someone they had worked with before. Looking back, the director was the least interested in me throughout the interview. Others on the panel spoke of me having the best references and work experience than others who had applied for the position.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in June 2013.

Interview

Hiring time was slow after submission of application but the process after was timely. The HR staff coordinating communications and accommodations was very helpful.

Phone interview, on-campus interview (search committee, presentation, 1-on-1)

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position and why do you think you're the best candidate?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin.

Interview

I was required to prepare a two-page maximum cover letter in response as to how my experiences met each minimum qualification and submitted my resume in addition to a standard online job seeking account. I was contacted a month later that I was selected for an interview and was asked for my availability on a given day. The interview was with 4 members, one the direct boss I would have been working under, a lady from the offices in Madison, an AmeriCorps Vista member, and the co-department head. The interview was over Skype where I was projected on a screen in front of them.

Interview Questions

• There were multiple questions regarding my experience educating youth, of which my experience is limited, making those questions difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI).

Interview

Standard graduate school application and interview. Online application with essays, test scores, recommendations. Interview and visit weekend with day-long series of interviews, weekend-long assessment by interaction with current students.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation possible

Assistant Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in April 2010.

Interview

I first give a 45 min presentation and then meet with about 8 peoples individually, I had lunch with the group.
    it is very extensive interview, you better have a really good sleep at the night before the interview. The peoples are very cold and you get be used to no smile situation.

Interview Questions

• why you want to work here, what is your goal in the next five years.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in October 2010.

Interview

It first started with tough examination. The exam has fore sections and most of the people only managed to finished 2 sections. After that is a nice, inform section, going through the history of the company, the future they have. Most important, the hiring positions they have.

Biostatistican I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin in April 2017.

Interview

The job I interviewed for was with the Medical College, specifically research with the CIBMTR. This was the first round of interviews - just a quick 15 minute chat on the phone. The woman interviewing me was nice and asked me around 10 questions - all very standard interview questions, nothing really technical or specific to the job.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weaknesses, what is your management style, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.   Answer Question

Academic Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin.

Interview

Phone Screen with 3 people; only 1 asked questions. Many questions were about my ability to do the job; they were definitely asking questions from a pre-written list. The hiring process seemed like they were handicapped by human resources and the position has been empty for quite some time due to that.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position and how can you contribute to this department?   Answer Question

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (La Crosse, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a sit down in chair's office, he asked me 5 questions about teaching philosophy, then gave me a sheet describing the class I would teach and the times that it met. He gave me a syllabus from the last instructor and told me I could use it or change it.

Research Associate-employee In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

Telephonic, Technical and HR. Asked about my background, work experience and future directions. I was interviewed with 8 persons on different timings. I was also taken to lunch and dinner. Overall the process i was good and manageable.

Interview Questions

• General HR questions Asked about my background, work experience and future directions   Answer Question