University of Wisconsin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Wisconsin Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin.

Interview

Found job on UW-Madison's website, contacted lab via email. We set up an interview time that worked and it was very comfortable. Questions related to the job and previous education. Hiring process was quick.

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

Referred to the Career Services Office. A very speedy process.

Interview Questions

Interview

Fast and efficient interview process. A lot of university resources for clinical research, clinical and family support and options to go through and choose from; ask details so you can fit your specific profile. Senior administrators are useful, but pay attention to the fine print. Overall a comfortable setup and a friendly interview environment.

Academic Tutor Interview

Interview

You submit an application online to the program. The program will respond to you and schedule you for an interview. The interview was behavioral questions conducted by the supervisor of the program. The interview lasted to about 20-30 minutes.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin in April 2009.

Interview

easy going simple interview

Interview Questions

• what experience to you have with computers   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in May 2009.

Interview

Short and to the point, offered lots of insight into what the position would entail. Interviewer proctored a skills test prior to beginning a 1:1 interview. After the interview, we toured the facility.

Interview Questions

• Which is more important in a leader: listening to others or accepting responsibility -- and maybe blame?   Answer Question

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in September 2011.

Interview

I knew a UW athlete, who recommended I tutor part time when I needed a job. The process was pretty simple, and I started a few weeks later. Other than a single compliance meeting, there were no steps between the interview and working.

Interview Questions

• There were no particularly hard questions; they just wanted to know how you would go about tutoring an athlete. The interview didn't last more than a half hour.   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in June 2011.

Interview

Stepped in and asked if they were hiring, she gave me an interview that week. The questions were basic - what are my strengths, what are my weaknesses. How do I deal with difficult situations.

Computer Lab Assistance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevens Point, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Stevens Point, WI) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview focus on customer services rather than tech knowledge. You will be interviewed by the manager or student coordinators. Interview questions are scenario based. After you answered the questions, they will actually tell you the polity and rule for handling the situations. If you have a good attitude to learn and service, you will get hired.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if a student is talking on phone in the lab?   Answer Question

Web Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2007.

Interview

First interviewed with Bookstore manger, then IMT manger.
    Very quick, and simple interviews since the job was designed for a student working park time hours with no Benfits. Had to call many times to get the first interview, the Bookstore director is always busy. Was asked why I want this job, what do I hope to get out of it, past experience etc.. I did not bring a portfolio. I did mention my classes in webdesign. The IMT manger was more silent, and ackward.. I felt like I had to carry the interview, and do the talking. The bookstore was very busy, while the IMT department want slow and quiet. The bookstore depends on the IMT department to keep their site up and running.

Interview Questions

• why did you quit your last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation