University of Wisconsin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Wisconsin Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.7

Biostatistican I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin in April 2017.

Interview

The job I interviewed for was with the Medical College, specifically research with the CIBMTR. This was the first round of interviews - just a quick 15 minute chat on the phone. The woman interviewing me was nice and asked me around 10 questions - all very standard interview questions, nothing really technical or specific to the job.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, weaknesses, what is your management style, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.   Answer Question

Academic Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin.

Interview

Phone Screen with 3 people; only 1 asked questions. Many questions were about my ability to do the job; they were definitely asking questions from a pre-written list. The hiring process seemed like they were handicapped by human resources and the position has been empty for quite some time due to that.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position and how can you contribute to this department?   Answer Question

Help Desk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin.

Interview

Behavioral interview; three questions to see if you're customer service oriented. They were looking for you to talk about customer service, communication, and critical thinking. Interview was with two employees.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (La Crosse, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a sit down in chair's office, he asked me 5 questions about teaching philosophy, then gave me a sheet describing the class I would teach and the times that it met. He gave me a syllabus from the last instructor and told me I could use it or change it.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in June 2013.

Interview

Hiring time was slow after submission of application but the process after was timely. The HR staff coordinating communications and accommodations was very helpful.

Phone interview, on-campus interview (search committee, presentation, 1-on-1)

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position and why do you think you're the best candidate?   Answer Question

Research Associate-employee In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

Telephonic, Technical and HR. Asked about my background, work experience and future directions. I was interviewed with 8 persons on different timings. I was also taken to lunch and dinner. Overall the process i was good and manageable.

Interview Questions

• General HR questions Asked about my background, work experience and future directions   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

1) I sent my vita, college transcripts, letter of intent, and cover letter to the department. 2) After several months, we scheduled an interview and two demonstrations of my skills. 3) After a few weeks, I was hired.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview. Very straightforward. Nice guy (boss) interviewing, 30 minutes or so. He asked all the basic questions about research and teaching. Easy to talk to, relaxed. Though this was overall an easy interview - they certainly can be harder. Not sure what else to say, just be prepared to address all the core questions about your experience and expertise.

Interview Questions

• All the standard questions about research and teaching.   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Assistant Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin in December 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of three of the departments researchers. They asked about my past experience/projects. They also asked what I thought I could contribute to the department. The interview lasted a little more than an hour

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Atlanta, GA) in February 2011.

Interview

I found the job description on the internet and applied for the job. I had an interview and on campus visit. I had to present my job market paper during the campus visit. It went all well. I liked the campus and the faculty. They showed me around the campus and I heard about the benefits from the Human Resources. We went out for lunches and dinners. It was great and I had a good time. They called me a week after the campus visit.