University of Wisconsin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.7

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI).

Interview

Standard graduate school application and interview. Online application with essays, test scores, recommendations. Interview and visit weekend with day-long series of interviews, weekend-long assessment by interaction with current students.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation possible

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview. Very straightforward. Nice guy (boss) interviewing, 30 minutes or so. He asked all the basic questions about research and teaching. Easy to talk to, relaxed. Though this was overall an easy interview - they certainly can be harder. Not sure what else to say, just be prepared to address all the core questions about your experience and expertise.

Interview Questions

• All the standard questions about research and teaching.   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

1) I sent my vita, college transcripts, letter of intent, and cover letter to the department. 2) After several months, we scheduled an interview and two demonstrations of my skills. 3) After a few weeks, I was hired.

Interview Questions

Interview

Fast and efficient interview process. A lot of university resources for clinical research, clinical and family support and options to go through and choose from; ask details so you can fit your specific profile. Senior administrators are useful, but pay attention to the fine print. Overall a comfortable setup and a friendly interview environment.

Student Assistant Interview

Interview

Referred to the Career Services Office. A very speedy process.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in June 2013.

Interview

Hiring time was slow after submission of application but the process after was timely. The HR staff coordinating communications and accommodations was very helpful.

Phone interview, on-campus interview (search committee, presentation, 1-on-1)

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position and why do you think you're the best candidate?   Answer Question

Housing Tutor Interview

Interview

Easy online application. Received an email for the interview. Three people interviewing- 2 current tutors and 1 other housing employee. Asked general question on why you'd be good for the job, etc. Then there was a portion where they gave you three questions in your field and had you explain how to do each problem.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin.

Interview

Found job on UW-Madison's website, contacted lab via email. We set up an interview time that worked and it was very comfortable. Questions related to the job and previous education. Hiring process was quick.

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI).

Interview

Very easy interview process, it was more personal questions to see if I was a good fit as opposed to business related questions.

Veterinary Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in June 2012.

Interview

I was given many details over email prior to the interview such as wage and expected hours. The interview itself was very informal, but that's may be just how my department was. Since I interviewed, they had started having candidates stay for a few hours and follow other techs around.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation