University of Wisconsin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.7

Student Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenosha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Kenosha, WI) in October 2010.

Interview

Confirmation letter acknowledging application received. Phone call offering to schedule initial phone screening. Phone screening interview with three people lasting about 1 hour. Letter offering second in person interview. Second interview consisted of 1) Panel of students, faculty, staff 2) Independent interview with program director 3) 15 minute presentation open to all members of campus community followed by Q&A. Offer by email. Negotiation by phone and email.

Salary proposition too low.

Assistant Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in April 2010.

Interview

I first give a 45 min presentation and then meet with about 8 peoples individually, I had lunch with the group.
    it is very extensive interview, you better have a really good sleep at the night before the interview. The peoples are very cold and you get be used to no smile situation.

Interview Questions

• why you want to work here, what is your goal in the next five years.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in January 2010.

Interview

Nothing much to tell

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join our research lab   1 Answer

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in January 2010.

Interview

On site

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in May 2009.

Interview

Short and to the point, offered lots of insight into what the position would entail. Interviewer proctored a skills test prior to beginning a 1:1 interview. After the interview, we toured the facility.

Interview Questions

• Which is more important in a leader: listening to others or accepting responsibility -- and maybe blame?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2009.

Interview

There was a submission of CV and cover letter and based on that they shortlisted. Did not conduct a formal interview and evaluated based on resume and references .

Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2009.

Interview

phone interview, then onsite, then offer

Dining Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshkosh, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Oshkosh, WI) in January 2009.

Interview

Phone interview

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest failure?   Answer Question
    • Tell us of a time when you failed to complete a project or task on time, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in January 2008.

Interview

Questions about future research plan, interested area, interested professors.

Web Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2007.

Interview

First interviewed with Bookstore manger, then IMT manger.
    Very quick, and simple interviews since the job was designed for a student working park time hours with no Benfits. Had to call many times to get the first interview, the Bookstore director is always busy. Was asked why I want this job, what do I hope to get out of it, past experience etc.. I did not bring a portfolio. I did mention my classes in webdesign. The IMT manger was more silent, and ackward.. I felt like I had to carry the interview, and do the talking. The bookstore was very busy, while the IMT department want slow and quiet. The bookstore depends on the IMT department to keep their site up and running.

Interview Questions

• why did you quit your last job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation