University of Wisconsin-Madison Assistant Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Wisconsin-Madison Assistant Researcher Interview Questions

2.6

Assistant Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview

phone screen 20 minutes. Asked general questions.Why do you leave the previous position? Why our company, why this position. when can you leave this position if you get hired?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for University of Wisconsin-Madison

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

After emailing inquiring about the job, I was contacted via email and invited to come in for a roughly 30 minute interview to discuss how my skills would fit in to the position in a relevant manor. There was also a lot of information given regarding what the job would consist of and if I had any aversions to things mentioned (mostly chemical work).

Interview Questions

• How do your skills make you qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in May 2014.

Interview

First send a CV and cover letter to the hiring person, may also need a writing sample. Then wait for an interview. It is also good if you take initiative and make an appointment with him to discuss your qualifications for the position. There are questions like your research interest, your past experience, your programming skills, your recent reading of any books.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in September 2013.

Interview

All I did was email the PI about my interest and he called me in for an interview within the week. Basically I just talked to the PI and he asked me a few questions about my previous position and what I wanted to get out of the experience. Also he asked a couple standard interview questions like "what are your strengths and weaknesses." Since each professor basically runs their own lab I don't think there is any sort of standard hiring process so I don't know how useful this will be to future candidates

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in April 2013.

Interview

No specific questions. They only ask you why do you want to work as a research and what are your area/areas of interest and why should we hire you and not someone else. Basic behavioral questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in April 2011.

Interview

No actual interview I had before I got the position. After I sent my C.V.. she scheduled on-site interview. I present my research and met lab members. Truly said, I didn't have an actual interview. I got the job by my C.V. and publications I involved.

Interview Questions

• She didn't asked specific questions. She explain about the project I will involved.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in February 2011.

Interview

phone interview for some background question and then onsite interview for presentation for the communication skills, talk with each group members test the personality, communication skills and to see whether you are a person to work with others easily. what's your expect salary?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background?
      collaboration experience
      do you want to move to madison
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in July 2010.

Interview

I was originally interviewed as a undergraduate student hourly, and then promoted to Research Assistant (50%) during grad school and Assistant Researcher (100%) after graduation. I did not re-interview for the later positions, so I'm noting my interview for the undergraduate position.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite organ of the body and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was held in a hotel and I was interview by two interviewees for about 20min. The interviewers asked some general questions about my background, education, research experiences and why I would want this job. The also asked questions about how much I knew about the Department I was applying for and who I knew in this department.

Interview Questions

• my background, education, research experiences and why I would want this job. The also asked questions about how much I knew about the Department I was applying for and who I knew in this department.   Answer Question