University of Wisconsin-Madison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 28, 2018

2.5

Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy interview process. Behavioral interview, simply review STARS method and you can expect to do very well. They are looking for very enthusiastic individuals who can inspire and work well with incoming students who may be nervous about first coming to college.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in February 2011.

Interview

phone interview for some background question and then onsite interview for presentation for the communication skills, talk with each group members test the personality, communication skills and to see whether you are a person to work with others easily. what's your expect salary?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background?
      collaboration experience
      do you want to move to madison   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in April 2011.

Interview

No actual interview I had before I got the position. After I sent my C.V.. she scheduled on-site interview. I present my research and met lab members. Truly said, I didn't have an actual interview. I got the job by my C.V. and publications I involved.

Interview Questions

• She didn't asked specific questions. She explain about the project I will involved.   1 Answer

Assistant Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview

phone screen 20 minutes. Asked general questions.Why do you leave the previous position? Why our company, why this position. when can you leave this position if you get hired?

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in July 2010.

Interview

I was originally interviewed as a undergraduate student hourly, and then promoted to Research Assistant (50%) during grad school and Assistant Researcher (100%) after graduation. I did not re-interview for the later positions, so I'm noting my interview for the undergraduate position.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite organ of the body and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in January 2014.

Interview

apply through a campus career fair and than get a phone interview from Do-it department. The position is software engineer. It takes about 20 mins, talking all about general questions. Nothing too special, all the questions are pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• personality questions, like any experience about detail working.   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in February 2014.

Interview

Pretty easy. They just ask your work experience, your academic experience, and what your goals are. They may ask you how to do certain tasks such as mix solutions or handle a chemical spill.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would prepare a 100mL solution of 1 M NaCl with (x) grams of solid NaCl.   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview

Serious of telephone interviews to determine statistical background and competency. Also, meeting the team in person for final round of interviews and description of the team and duties for the position being offered.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Reasonable

Interview

I had 2 panel interviews: one with peers and manager, second with physicians. All contact was made through HR. There was about a month turn around from when the application was submitted to when I started. I believe that the process has changed from when I was hired. Most contact seems to come through the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - was told where I would be starting.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy and inviting. I felt really comfortable with the woman who interviewed me and we hit it off right away! She did not ask me any questions that I would deem unnecessary.