University of Wisconsin-Madison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Wisconsin-Madison Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.5

Interview

The professor met with me and asked my previous research experience. After that, he explained what projects he had and then asked me which one I was more interested.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI).

Interview

Skype interview was very smooth. Good questions and dialogue. Follow up was quick and professional. Additional telephone interview was followed up with an in person interview. Very good team and process

Graduate Student Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI).

Interview

Interviewed with professors during prospective graduate student weekend. We were flown in and put up in a hotel for 2 days and interviewed with professors who were interested in hiring us as graduate students.

University Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

This position was different than other positions I interviewed for at UW Madison. The hiring manager remained in contact with me for a few months before they were authorized to start interviewing, which is unusual at this time. After two interviews in two weeks, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a changing environment? There are slow times and faster paced times.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI).

Interview

Interview process depends on the kind of research assistantship (RA) you are applying for. I have done RA for Epic Systems, which is more software development, as well as RA for my advisor which is more research based.

Interview Questions

• Good with coding skills, writing skills, understanding legacy code.   Answer Question

Data Center Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview which was with 3 people and lasted 30 minutes followed by an in person interview which lasted 16 minutes. Each of the 3 people asked 3 questions which were supposedly the same for each candidate. They seemed very focused on the time that it took to answer each question and said that they would cut me off if I took too long to answer any given question.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a router and a switch?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview

I was emailed by the head of the group and had 2-3 rounds of interviews with various stakeholders. The paperwork took over 5 months to put in place before I could start working. This is typical for academic settings.

Interview Questions

• They described the position and assessed if I would be able to handle a brand new job description.   Answer Question

Student Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Short 2 person interview about 30 minutes long. One interviewer was the head of the department I was applying for, the other was the head of a similar department. The interview was very light-hearted, they asked me about my interests and what I expected the job to be. There was not very much questioning on technical knowledge.

Web Tools Faculty Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview covered expected topics, no crazy brainteasers. After applying, I received an email a few days later that set up a one-on-one interview for the next week. During the interview, relevant technical experience, why I was interested in the position, position details, etc were asked and I had the opportunity to ask any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about you.   1 Answer

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Interviewed by a department coordinator, just talked about my science background and all courses I'd taken before. Also talked about what I should expect from the class, like work load, how to work with professors and colleagues.

Interview Questions

• If you are a foreign student like me, you would probably have to pass a language test. But I skipped it because I had been working as a research assistant for couple years and they thought my English is good enough   Answer Question