University of Wisconsin-Madison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Wisconsin-Madison Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2017

2.5

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview

I applied through email and interviewed a week later with two staff accountants. The interview was in their office. It lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked mostly behavioral questions.

Lifeguard Interview

Interview

standard questions. Met with the supervisor. Talked about the pool structure. First aide rescues. Deep water submerged. Had to show knowledge. Know how to do cpr, aed, rescues,

Program Assistant Interview

Interview

Two mangers have different ideas and argued in front of interviewee. They didn't look very professional. They also didn't give you any response, whether email or phone. Even you asked for response email during interview. Overall, they don't care about you.

University Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI).

Interview

You interview then you wait anywhere from 1 week to 2 months to here whether you got the job or not. They often don't respond when you contact for follow up on job selection status.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and 2 weeks later was invited to participate in a phone interview with 4 university staff and faculty members. 2 weeks after the phone interview, I was invited to campus for an in-person interview. I was emailed instructions in advance to design a communications strategy presentation that I'd have to deliver to 15+ department members. The entire interview lasted 3 hours: interview with 4 staff members, presentation to department and interview with department directors. Overall, this interview was a negative experience for me due to the long interview process and the fact that candidates were asked to design an entire communications strategy to present to a large group. Designing a customized strategy takes time, effort and skill - something that I get paid to do in my every day profession was provided free of charge to this department. Frankly, I do not like consulting with a group that is going to most likely take those innovative ideas and concepts that I shared with them to better their operations, but not hire me for the role. After the campus interview, it took the director 3 weeks to let me know in an email that he is "sorry to bring bad news, but they selected someone else for the position". I just find it disappointing that candidates are expected to bring their "A" game to an interview that is 3 hours long - just to be rejected 3 weeks later. It would be a little better if you could deliver a decision in a week or two weeks tops given the level of effort you expect from the candidates.

Interview Questions

• The panelists asked long, behavioral questions with 2, sometimes 3 parts to the question - making it a somewhat difficult to stay on track with a thoughtful response.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

Interview

Skype interview was very smooth. Good questions and dialogue. Follow up was quick and professional. Additional telephone interview was followed up with an in person interview. Very good team and process

Interview Questions

Interview

The professor met with me and asked my previous research experience. After that, he explained what projects he had and then asked me which one I was more interested.

Graduate Student Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI).

Interview

Interviewed with professors during prospective graduate student weekend. We were flown in and put up in a hotel for 2 days and interviewed with professors who were interested in hiring us as graduate students.

University Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

This position was different than other positions I interviewed for at UW Madison. The hiring manager remained in contact with me for a few months before they were authorized to start interviewing, which is unusual at this time. After two interviews in two weeks, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a changing environment? There are slow times and faster paced times.   Answer Question

Data Center Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview which was with 3 people and lasted 30 minutes followed by an in person interview which lasted 16 minutes. Each of the 3 people asked 3 questions which were supposedly the same for each candidate. They seemed very focused on the time that it took to answer each question and said that they would cut me off if I took too long to answer any given question.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a router and a switch?   1 Answer