University of Wisconsin-Madison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2018

2.5

Assistant Director of Organic Chemistry Laboratories Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI).

Interview

One interview with 8 faculty members including directors of other Chemistry disciplines. One 30 minutes presentation on a topic typically taught to sophomore organic chemistry students. One interview with the Director of the labs and three more faculty members. Tour of the facilities.

Interview Questions

• How can you make sure that you assess the retention and understanding of the material with each different student?   Answer Question

Student Worker/Network Applications Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (New York, NY).

Interview

All of the staff that work for DoIT Network Applications are approachable and understanding of what it is like to be a student worker. They take students suggestions into consideration and recognize that being a student comes first.

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview

Describe your research experience, research interest and a few FIT questions about personality. The interview is focused on my logistic thinking and research acumen than actual solid research experience. I got the result one day later in the follow-up email.

Interview Questions

• What is your research interest and which professor are you interested?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview

Applied online through job site. Very simple thirty minute interview with common behavioral questions. Interviewer was very engaging and easy to talk with. Offer was extended a few weeks after the interview. Very pleasant experience.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oregon City, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Oregon City, OR) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone and Skype Interview, started with introduction. Then ask questions. the quality of sound was poor. The interviewers sound nice but get more fierce as we processed. I did not get offer and they argued on some issues with each other.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview

Although the interview process in UW is a bit slow, it was thorough. The process included a presentation with a large group, followed by interviews with specific groups (i.e. academic support group, leadership team, colleagues)

Interview Questions

• Where is this program headed? What ideas do you have for improving the opportunities in this program?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview

I applied through email and interviewed a week later with two staff accountants. The interview was in their office. It lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked mostly behavioral questions.

Lifeguard Interview

Interview

standard questions. Met with the supervisor. Talked about the pool structure. First aide rescues. Deep water submerged. Had to show knowledge. Know how to do cpr, aed, rescues,

Program Assistant Interview

Interview

Two mangers have different ideas and argued in front of interviewee. They didn't look very professional. They also didn't give you any response, whether email or phone. Even you asked for response email during interview. Overall, they don't care about you.

University Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI).

Interview

You interview then you wait anywhere from 1 week to 2 months to here whether you got the job or not. They often don't respond when you contact for follow up on job selection status.