University of Wisconsin-Madison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Wisconsin-Madison Interview Questions

3.2

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview with hiring manager and HR. This was a prescreen call and only lasted 15-20 minutes. There were many options to select a time that was available with the interviewers which was helpful.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about the Memorial Union (job was for Finance Role at Memorial Union)   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview

The interview was held at a resident hall. The directors were unorganized. The first thing that one of the interviewers told me was they did know anything about me. I lost interest in the position on the spot because they neither had my resume nor knew about me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• One question was a time when you had a problem, and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Senior IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Skype interview with hiring manager and 2 other senior project managers in the department. Interview lasted over an hour. All three mangers were prepared and asked very good questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important skill for a project manager.   1 Answer

Assistant Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview

phone screen 20 minutes. Asked general questions.Why do you leave the previous position? Why our company, why this position. when can you leave this position if you get hired?

Senior IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

First interview was a phone panel interview with hiring director and two PMs. The second interview I was given a scenario in which I had to present how I would handle the situation to an audience of approximately 25 IT employees. Presentation was 15 minutes and there were many good questions which took another 15 minutes. Final interview was scheduled with VP however the process took so long I ended up taking a position with a different company.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict with a team member who does not report to you?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Three stages, extremely and unnecessarily long. Required panel interview, large group presentation, one-on-one interview, phone interview, presentation submission, large group Q&A. Interview questions were redundant and each stakeholder group was looking for something different which was not obvious and often conflicted with each group, so really depended on who the decision makers were (actual decision makers) and whose feedback would garner the most weight, which was not readily made available.

Interview Questions

• How would you work with a varied audience with many differing perspectives? What is your 'vision' in this position? What is your management style? What is your project management experience? What is your experience in developing learning programs?   Answer Question

Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

They advertised the open position online. I then submitted my application with references to them electronically. A few weeks later, they contacted me to set up an interview. The interview was a phone interview with a committee of 3 members who were professors. It lasted about 25 minutes. They asked basic questions and there were no real surprises.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have? Describe your teaching methods.   Answer Question

Research Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview

Interviewed with department Administrator, Program Specialist, Manager for first round of interview, then with the addition of physicians and staff for second interview. The people were very nice, and the interviews were primarily about experience and what my goals were. For me, it felt like a good fit. I was told after the second interview that I was one of two that was up for the job. The manager was going abroad for the holidays and called before departure and told me to "hang in there" and hoped to contact my references before she left, and if not, would have the Program Specialist do so while she was gone. So I alerted my references about the upcoming contact and it never happened. In addition, the week the manager returned I waited until the end of the week before contacting. After sending an email, it was never returned. I waited another week and sent another email which was finally returned by the manager...and was told that she did not return my previous email because she did not have the answers yet...I would have appreciated her telling me that rather than ignoring my email for a week. I was told to wait again, and it was not for another nearly two weeks where a letter arrived in my mailbox that I did not get the position. Managers should not say they are contacting references if they have no intention...it was a bit humiliating to give my references a heads up and them having to tell me they were not contacted.
    The Administrative Program Specialist was very welcoming which I appreciated. The physicians were wonderful as well as staff. The overall time of this process was about three months.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about my experience and my forecast for the next 5 years.   Answer Question

Lead Accountant - UW Madison Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison in August 2014.

Interview

Three stages....first, written response to the "exam" which is the actual application part, consisting of three to four or more questions. The telephone interview came next and they emailed me about an hour before with more questions they wanted to ask. The telephone interview was with a panel of 3-4 people, and is extremely difficult to gage as you can not read their expressions or body language. Finally the in person interview was between two groups of four people each time. And again they emailed me two pages of questions which you can prepare responses to ahead of time.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to deal with a group of difficult people, and what you did to handle them?   1 Answer

Supervisor Position Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview

Applied through student job center, got an email inviting to interview within two weeks. Interviewed the next week and got a response the week after. The process was relax and the interviewers did not make me feel uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a group of college students when you, yourself is a college student?   Answer Question