University of Wisconsin-Madison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.5

Student Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Short 2 person interview about 30 minutes long. One interviewer was the head of the department I was applying for, the other was the head of a similar department. The interview was very light-hearted, they asked me about my interests and what I expected the job to be. There was not very much questioning on technical knowledge.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Interviewed by a department coordinator, just talked about my science background and all courses I'd taken before. Also talked about what I should expect from the class, like work load, how to work with professors and colleagues.

Interview Questions

• If you are a foreign student like me, you would probably have to pass a language test. But I skipped it because I had been working as a research assistant for couple years and they thought my English is good enough   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview

There was only one interview after the application. Interview was just over an hour long and included both behavioral questions and questions about background/qualifications. Nothing out of the ordinary. After that it took several weeks to hear back, but that was largely due to the fact that the interview occurred at the end of the school year and the notifications were not sent out until summer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to teach a superior in a work setting, and how that went   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview with hiring manager and HR. This was a prescreen call and only lasted 15-20 minutes. There were many options to select a time that was available with the interviewers which was helpful.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about the Memorial Union (job was for Finance Role at Memorial Union)   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

I emailed a professor to see if he had any research that I could help out with. He asked for my resume which I sent in and that was about it. He directed me to his graduate student with whom I'd be working and we got in contact and set up a meeting to get me rolling.

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

8.25 HOURLY prepare food customer service ask some question about the food service and you personal experience. It is university on campus part-time job every one can apply this position if you want.

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview

Serious of telephone interviews to determine statistical background and competency. Also, meeting the team in person for final round of interviews and description of the team and duties for the position being offered.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Reasonable

Student Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview

The interview was held at a resident hall. The directors were unorganized. The first thing that one of the interviewers told me was they did know anything about me. I lost interest in the position on the spot because they neither had my resume nor knew about me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• One question was a time when you had a problem, and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Senior IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Skype interview with hiring manager and 2 other senior project managers in the department. Interview lasted over an hour. All three mangers were prepared and asked very good questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important skill for a project manager.   1 Answer

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI).

Interview

I send a letter to the lab that I'm interested to work there. I was invited and asked why I'm interested to do research in this area. Also I've been asked about my previous job and how well I did in high school. I had several questions relating to the power of my motivation.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a paper and asked what experiments I'll run to figure out the influence of the molecule for cells.   Answer Question