University of Wisconsin-Madison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

2.5

AV Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial Phone Screen Interview going through a list of standard questions asking about my experience with technologies used in their rooms. Followed by in person (group) interview to further go over my skills, experience, and my personality and how it matched with the team.

Interview Questions

• Recommendations on room design to test my knowledge and thinking.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Underwent two rounds of interviews during my final semester as an undergraduate at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The interview process was stressful at moments, mostly because I had four interviews in a two hour time frame with various professors in biomechanics. I had to briefly describe relevant research and experiences. I had further interview discussions with my current PI afterwards. Total time commitment was about 4-5 months.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview

Although the interview process in UW is a bit slow, it was thorough. The process included a presentation with a large group, followed by interviews with specific groups (i.e. academic support group, leadership team, colleagues)

Interview Questions

• Where is this program headed? What ideas do you have for improving the opportunities in this program?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview

I applied through email and interviewed a week later with two staff accountants. The interview was in their office. It lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked mostly behavioral questions.

Lifeguard Interview

Interview

standard questions. Met with the supervisor. Talked about the pool structure. First aide rescues. Deep water submerged. Had to show knowledge. Know how to do cpr, aed, rescues,

Student Custodian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in January 2014.

Interview

Submit application to the official website. Around 3-5 business days, they will reply with a time for interview. Meet in person . The interview is overall very relaxing. I talked to the supervisor about my class schedule.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with waking up early and clearing snow on the road in the winter?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in March 2013.

Interview

It is a phone interview with my current advisor through skype. Asked about the basic study in college and basic skills I have. Talked about the job he has and asked whether I'm interested in or not.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and 2 weeks later was invited to participate in a phone interview with 4 university staff and faculty members. 2 weeks after the phone interview, I was invited to campus for an in-person interview. I was emailed instructions in advance to design a communications strategy presentation that I'd have to deliver to 15+ department members. The entire interview lasted 3 hours: interview with 4 staff members, presentation to department and interview with department directors. Overall, this interview was a negative experience for me due to the long interview process and the fact that candidates were asked to design an entire communications strategy to present to a large group. Designing a customized strategy takes time, effort and skill - something that I get paid to do in my every day profession was provided free of charge to this department. Frankly, I do not like consulting with a group that is going to most likely take those innovative ideas and concepts that I shared with them to better their operations, but not hire me for the role. After the campus interview, it took the director 3 weeks to let me know in an email that he is "sorry to bring bad news, but they selected someone else for the position". I just find it disappointing that candidates are expected to bring their "A" game to an interview that is 3 hours long - just to be rejected 3 weeks later. It would be a little better if you could deliver a decision in a week or two weeks tops given the level of effort you expect from the candidates.

Interview Questions

• The panelists asked long, behavioral questions with 2, sometimes 3 parts to the question - making it a somewhat difficult to stay on track with a thoughtful response.   Answer Question

Business Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Sat down in room with 3 employees, they all took turns asking questions. They were not punctual, whole interview was less than 30 minutes. Asked very generic questions, nothing of any trouble.

Interview Questions

• You have many things to do, how would you prioritize these things?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Ithaca, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Take the GRE, Apply through graduate school. You have to submit transcripts and letters of recommendation. Process is easier if you know your prospective advisor. It depends on what field you want to go into as far as what GRE scores are accepted. Same for GPA

Interview Questions

• GRE questions and a personal statement, statement of purpose   Answer Question