University of Wisconsin-Madison Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.5

Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

Two interviews, one conducted by phone with a short presentation up front and the other a day long event with multiple interviews and presentation required. The first was an interview with a search committee with the second set of interviews including a broad range of constituent groups. I felt the process was intense and really forced me to put on my best performance. In hindsight, the day really prepared me for the rigor and diverse issues I encounter in the position today.

Interview Questions

• What are the most important issues you will deal with in this position?   1 Answer

Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy interview process. Behavioral interview, simply review STARS method and you can expect to do very well. They are looking for very enthusiastic individuals who can inspire and work well with incoming students who may be nervous about first coming to college.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview

I was emailed by the head of the group and had 2-3 rounds of interviews with various stakeholders. The paperwork took over 5 months to put in place before I could start working. This is typical for academic settings.

Interview Questions

• They described the position and assessed if I would be able to handle a brand new job description.   Answer Question

Facility Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

They emailed me to set up a phone interview. Once I had a phone interview, you proceeded to schedule an in-person, group interview. Once completed, you were selected for the job or not.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a patron that is unsatisfied with something within our facilities?   Answer Question

Web Tools Faculty Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview covered expected topics, no crazy brainteasers. After applying, I received an email a few days later that set up a one-on-one interview for the next week. During the interview, relevant technical experience, why I was interested in the position, position details, etc were asked and I had the opportunity to ask any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about you.   1 Answer

Associate Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in September 2013.

Interview

After submitting my resume and cover letter to the university, I was contacted by the PI to come meet them for an interview. The interview involved two PIs, two staff scientists and a technician, during which they were all very nice. They asked me about my relevant experience, my skills, and what kind of environment I would like to work in. They asked me specific questions about the research that they were conducting in order to get a sense of how much I knew about the job. After the interview, I received an email asking to summarize two of their recent publications in order to demonstrate that I understood what they were doing. After I submitted my write-up, it took less than a week for them to respond that I'd been hired

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Student Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in February 2017.

Interview

Short 2 person interview about 30 minutes long. One interviewer was the head of the department I was applying for, the other was the head of a similar department. The interview was very light-hearted, they asked me about my interests and what I expected the job to be. There was not very much questioning on technical knowledge.

Student Employee - Bursar's Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very conversational and was based on both personal information and scenario response to see how well you can respond to policies and solve problems that may arise in the job.

Graduate R Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was rather brief, and mostly a description of the research projects available for me. The challenge here was to sell myself as a potential academic while still maintaining my intentions of pursuing industry related jobs. However, that wasn't so much of a problem after we discussed potential projects.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to come earlier?   1 Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview with hiring manager and HR. This was a prescreen call and only lasted 15-20 minutes. There were many options to select a time that was available with the interviewers which was helpful.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about the Memorial Union (job was for Finance Role at Memorial Union)   Answer Question