University of Wisconsin Interview Questions in Madison, WI | Glassdoor

2.7

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for a Skype interview a few days later. It was a panel interview and they rotated around the table who was asking questions. About 5 minutes before the interview, they sent me a list of the questions they were going to ask so I could look it over.

Research Associate-employee In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

Telephonic, Technical and HR. Asked about my background, work experience and future directions. I was interviewed with 8 persons on different timings. I was also taken to lunch and dinner. Overall the process i was good and manageable.

Interview Questions

• General HR questions Asked about my background, work experience and future directions   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI).

Interview

Standard graduate school application and interview. Online application with essays, test scores, recommendations. Interview and visit weekend with day-long series of interviews, weekend-long assessment by interaction with current students.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation possible

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in June 2013.

Interview

Hiring time was slow after submission of application but the process after was timely. The HR staff coordinating communications and accommodations was very helpful.

Phone interview, on-campus interview (search committee, presentation, 1-on-1)

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position and why do you think you're the best candidate?   Answer Question

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI).

Interview

Very easy interview process, it was more personal questions to see if I was a good fit as opposed to business related questions.

Veterinary Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in June 2012.

Interview

I was given many details over email prior to the interview such as wage and expected hours. The interview itself was very informal, but that's may be just how my department was. Since I interviewed, they had started having candidates stay for a few hours and follow other techs around.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in February 2012.

Interview

go through resume, why you apply for chemistry library, what you want to get from this position

Interview Questions

Negotiation

flexibility of work time

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in November 2011.

Interview

The panel interview was as expected for University of Wisconsin - a "round up" of employees available to serve, some of which have no concept of what would (or wouldn't) make an applicant successful in the position. I was surprised however, with such a large institution, of some of the comments made during the process. Although I am no HR expert, they seem to have bordered on the illegal.
    I earned one of two finalist spots and when I finally met with the ultimate hiring manager, he couldn't be bothered talking to me. Mostly spoke about himself and then cut us off at the half hour mark. It was apparent that the hiring decision was made prior to my interview and he was just going through the motions. It was disappointing that I took time off of work (two separate days, over two hours) to go through the interview process when, prepared my references, completed a background check, come to find out, the job went to an internal candidate that was earmarked from the beginning (based on a reliable internal source). The processes and procedures of University of Wisconsin require the protocol of a search and screen committee and panel interview. Although I feel I was the more qualified applicant, I regret I was simply used as a requirement fulfillment for this department to hire the person they had in mind from the beginning. My advice to future applicants is to verify if there is an internal applicant applying for the same position you are considering. If there is, I would suggest withdrawing your application as I have seen this very thing happen again and again at UW. It is a flaw in the system that unfortunately I fell victim to.

Interview Questions

• How good of writer are you?   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in October 2011.

Interview

usual interview for postdoctoral position, day on campus plus presentation about previous work, i had an impression that guy expected me to turn down the offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no salary negation, although i asked for H1B visa instead of J1

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI) in September 2011.

Interview

I knew a UW athlete, who recommended I tutor part time when I needed a job. The process was pretty simple, and I started a few weeks later. Other than a single compliance meeting, there were no steps between the interview and working.

Interview Questions

• There were no particularly hard questions; they just wanted to know how you would go about tutoring an athlete. The interview didn't last more than a half hour.   Answer Question