University of Wisconsin-Madison Teaching Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

University of Wisconsin-Madison Teaching Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 13, 2016

2.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Interviewed by a department coordinator, just talked about my science background and all courses I'd taken before. Also talked about what I should expect from the class, like work load, how to work with professors and colleagues.

Interview Questions

• If you are a foreign student like me, you would probably have to pass a language test. But I skipped it because I had been working as a research assistant for couple years and they thought my English is good enough   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for University of Wisconsin-Madison

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Interview

There was only one interview after the application. Interview was just over an hour long and included both behavioral questions and questions about background/qualifications. Nothing out of the ordinary. After that it took several weeks to hear back, but that was largely due to the fact that the interview occurred at the end of the school year and the notifications were not sent out until summer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to teach a superior in a work setting, and how that went   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Madison in January 2009.

Interview

Well, I guess the hiring process was getting into the program in Political Science. I attended the prospective student orientation and decided to give it a go. Knowing that I would be a TA in American politics came later. It was weird since I don't have a background in American politics, but whatever.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go to graduate school?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None...