University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

Sort:

Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a standard in person interview. There were two supervisors present and they alternated asking a series of questions. For the most part, the interview was personal and in a very casual setting.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with customer service?   Answer Question
    • Describe an experience where you had to deal with a tough customer.   Answer Question

Language Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Once I applied I quickly had the opportunity to interview. It was a fairly informal setting in one of the conference rooms on campus. The interviewer was friendly and open to having a nice conversation about the position and expectations.

Interview Questions

• What attributes do you believe make you a good candidate for a tutoring position?   Answer Question

Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2017.

Interview

Really long not worth the pay. For the amount of time you put into interview process you would think they pay higher than what they do. Not worth the time

Box Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Turned in an application for the position and was called a few days later. Interviews usually last around $15 minutes asking what you are studying, when you graduate, and what past experience you have that may be relevant to the position. They decide pretty quickly whether they like you or not, and rarely sit on a decision to hire or not. If they like you, they will let you know and have you fill out your paperwork then and there. If you apply, bring the necessary ID (SSC/birth certificate, that sort of thing) with you to make it easier and faster for you.

Interview Questions

• How do you think what you're learning in your degree program can be applied to this position?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2012.

Interview

Met with lab's primary investigator, went over academic background, career goals. The particular professor to whose lab I applied was very flexible, and even willing to set me up at another lab he thought was better aligned with my career goals. After I accepted the offer, it took about a month for the bureaucracy to chug through the rest of the process and set me up to start working. Great experience overall.

Interview Questions

• If it were up to you, on what operating principle would you design a 3D motion tracking system?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

It was good. Very in depth. I don't like that you're making me fill out a survey when all I want to do is fill out job applications. It said it would take like 30 seconds and it feels like hours.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

Interview

I submitted an application and resume, was called back after two weeks for an interview. I just had one interview and was offered the position later that day.

Interview Questions

• I actually had no problem answering any of the questions. I do have a lot of experience though.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered the position and I asked how flexible the pay rate was (the listed rate was one dollar less). I was asked what I was looking for and I simply said my rate and it was accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Smooth interview. Behavior questions. Various TA position introductions and benefit description for being a TA. Describe your strength and weakness. Why did you applied for TA. What will you bring to the TA position.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2012.

Interview

The dean was really nice. I submitted my application to the computer science department. And he asked me if i had any teaching experience. So i described my previous teaching experience. He told me that he would let me know if i got the TA position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your teaching experience if you had one before?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

Interview

Once you apply to a program you should contact the graduate director and ask about teaching assistant positions. In certain departments you may need to interview, however my admittance was based off of my application, writing sample and transcripts.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not a negotiable offer. Take it or leave it.