University of Wisconsin-Platteville Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Sort:

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Platteville, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Platteville (Platteville, WI) in April 2017.

Interview

There were a series of interviews which included phone screens and on site meetings. Each candidate that fit the criteria was called in for on-site interviews which consisted of meeting with several groups of employees from throughout the organization that the position would work with. This made up the hiring committee. A presentation was given to the hiring committee pertaining to the candidate's knowledge of the position. After meeting individually with the hiring managers, the candidate will meet for an open forum discussion with a larger group of people. This is geared towards getting to know more about the candidate's experience but also giving the candidate an opportunity to ask questions of a variety of staff members about their experience within the organization.

Interview Questions

• What would be your goals for this position? How would you handle oversight of multiple departments/personnel? What would be the first thing you would do once you start?   1 Answer

Residence Life Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Platteville, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Platteville (Platteville, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

The process was superficial and perfunctory. I was called and interviewed on the phone first. My references were called. Then, I paid my way to the interview. There were a group of directors and future colleagues. They took turns asking canned questions. They read from a script and did not deviate. There was almost no eye contact. I felt as if they were just going through the motions.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about your current job?   1 Answer

Production Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Platteville, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Platteville (Platteville, WI).

Interview

The process starts online when you submit your application. The computer does the first check, and if you don't match what they want your application is thrown out before a person actually reviews it. If you survive that round, then you get a call to be interviewed in person. This was for an admin/support type position and not a teaching position. However, the process was the same long day as if you were teaching. The interview 'day' starts with several smaller one-on-one interviews with various upper level supervisors of different groups I was likely to have to work with on a daily basis. Then it was an interview with a panel of current supervisors. Later in the morning you are put into a conference room filled with people that were invited from an open invitation to a bunch of groups around campus. These individuals ranged from random community members, with little to no relevance to the position. It also included students and staff of course, as well as other key figures around campus. After that, the direct supervisor for the position will take you out to lunch. Following that, another conference room meeting, but this time with the group of students that you would be directly in charge of. This part of the interview was way more relevant than the morning session. There was the opportunity for a tour of the spaces. Finally at the end of the day, you meet with who would have been my direct supervisor. Unfortunate that the most important interview of the day was at then end when you already feel like you were run through a meat grinder. Overall the interview process was long and felt like a waste of campus resources and time.

Interview Questions

• "A separate statement describing a history of working with or demonstrated commitment to addressing issues of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and/or other issues of historic marginalization"   2 Answers

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Platteville.

Interview

Good experience, helpful for undergraduate students looking to boost their resume and gain valuable interview experience. Having experience working with professors in the department is a plus during the interview process, as the department as a whole is not very large.

Interview Questions

University of Wisconsin-Platteville Response

Jan 16, 2018 – Talent Management

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review! Working with professors can be a very rewarding experience and we are glad you accepted the opportunity to do so.

Network Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Platteville.

Interview

Applied through their website. Was interviewed by the help desk supervisor/manager and another employee. Comfortable process, they're just looking for people that will fit in and be reliable. Also, looking for those with previous experience.

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wisconsin-Platteville.

Interview

Standard interview process with questions of why you wanted to work there and what you were looking for in the job. Most questions pertained to customer service and commitment skills