University of Wyoming Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in March 2015.

Interview

Wasn't too bad. They just wanted to know that you could do the necessary job. They were also very interested in problem solving and communication skills. Also, any previous IT experience would be a plus so be sure to advertise any skills you have or any problems you've encountered and solved in that area.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?
      List a scenario where you showed leadership\problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Website Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in March 2013.

Interview

Took only 1 day , the interview was easy . I graduated from here so it was easy to get a job as well since i knew a lot of people in the department . Just apply online , and let them call you .

Shuttle Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was short and concise. The questions were very direct and experience related. There were also safety related scenarios presented for response. Their was a panel of about 5-6 people in on the process but it still felt low key.

Telephone Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in February 2011.

Interview

You sign up and read the survey. If you can enunciate your words to where they understand them you will be hired. It is not very difficult to get hired here. You need to be able to handle answers that are not exactly like the answer responses. Normally just ask again but sometimes can read between the lines.

Interview Questions

• Handling answers that are not exactly the same as the answer responses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None it is given before you apply

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in June 2010.

Interview

We met, and discussed our interests. We decided that we could work well together.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I have no power to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in July 2016.

Interview

I took a class with the professor with whom I am working currently. I did very well on the "Spatial Decision Support System" class which was offered by the professor during Fall, 2015. After I took the course, I approached my professor asking for a research job at the The Wyoming Geographic Information Science Center (WyGISC). After that I was interviewed on my job experience and research interest.

Interview Questions

• What is my interest area? How may I help with preparing lab exercises for students taking courses in land use planning?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in February 2010.

Interview

Applied online

Interview Questions

• People are supposed to explored their own view on the research topic. Not just rely on the PI.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in March 2012.

Interview

I am an international student therefore I didnt have change to have in person interview. After my application, two of the professors arranged a skype meeting. We have talked about my resume and qualifications. In addition to that, there were some basic HR quastions.

Interview Questions

Interview

As with most academic position, submitted a application package prior to the posted deadline. Was contacted about four weeks later to schedule a phone interview. Was invited for a 3 day visit/interview. Was flown into Denver which is a two hour drive from Laramie. Picked up by a potential faculty member. While the formal interview doesn't start until you're on campus, expect lots of questions during the long drive from and back to the airport.

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in October 2009.

Interview

There were six professors asking some intense research and teaching questions in a short duration of 20 minutes.