University of Wyoming Interview Questions in Laramie, WY | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 8, 2017

2.6

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in July 2016.

Interview

I took a class with the professor with whom I am working currently. I did very well on the "Spatial Decision Support System" class which was offered by the professor during Fall, 2015. After I took the course, I approached my professor asking for a research job at the The Wyoming Geographic Information Science Center (WyGISC). After that I was interviewed on my job experience and research interest.

Interview Questions

• What is my interest area? How may I help with preparing lab exercises for students taking courses in land use planning?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in May 2016.

Interview

Mostly questions about "how to work with clients". There were two skill checks. One was basically a check to see if you could read code. The other was a basic algorithm.

Interview Questions

• After reading a function, what was the output? (basic code reading test)   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in March 2015.

Interview

Wasn't too bad. They just wanted to know that you could do the necessary job. They were also very interested in problem solving and communication skills. Also, any previous IT experience would be a plus so be sure to advertise any skills you have or any problems you've encountered and solved in that area.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?
      List a scenario where you showed leadership\problem solving skills.
      Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in April 2013.

Interview

There was no interview process. For international students, there is an interview conducted by english department to check the accent of the student. If not cleared, they have to sit through for one semester.
    Applied for Teaching assistant in my departement. Get a recommendation from your academic advisor. Apply as early as possible before the position gets filled up. Maintain good GPA

Website Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in March 2013.

Interview

Took only 1 day , the interview was easy . I graduated from here so it was easy to get a job as well since i knew a lot of people in the department . Just apply online , and let them call you .

College Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in October 2012.

Interview

Submit resume and cover letter, panel interview, review process, job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that your authority was questioned. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Shuttle Bus Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview was short and concise. The questions were very direct and experience related. There were also safety related scenarios presented for response. Their was a panel of about 5-6 people in on the process but it still felt low key.

Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in May 2012.

Interview

They called me after the close date and asked if I wanted a phone or in-person interview (I lived 6 hours away at the time). I chose to interview in person (because we all know you have to be a PRETTY special phone interview to get anywhere with a job search).

Pretty typical panel interview. The associate dean, department head, business manager, and

Interview Questions

• How will you handle multitasking and being able to get tasks completed when you are often interrupted by faculty, staff, and students throughout the day?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in March 2012.

Interview

I am an international student therefore I didnt have change to have in person interview. After my application, two of the professors arranged a skype meeting. We have talked about my resume and qualifications. In addition to that, there were some basic HR quastions.

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laramie, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of Wyoming (Laramie, WY) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview was a basic phone interview with four people asking questions. I was flattered to get the interview but in the back of my mind I am a city boy and I really do not think I could adapt to living in Wyoming.

In this economy if you are unemployed you may start applying for positions which you are adept and qualified for but the opportunity is in a local, region or country which you may not have considered if you were not in financial hardship or anxious to return to your career. Make sure before you start the application process that the position is located in a community, region or country where you want to live. I understand we have to be adaptable to our environment but in my opinion you spend 40 hours a week at your job. You spend 128 hours in the community which you will be living. Make sure that the job which you take is in a place where you want to live. It doesn't make sense to be unhappy, bored or not interested with the community, and its culture and your only respite is when you are at work.

Interview Questions

• Your supevisory skills are very weak. Why are they so after all these years in this profession?   1 Answer