University of the Incarnate Word Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of the Incarnate Word

Graduate Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of the Incarnate Word.

Interview

I was called in person and got an easy interview. Because I knew the job and I did the same job in another country. I didn`t spend too much effort to get the job. Since it is university part time job, the company was in need.

Interview Questions

• define your dream job / where do you see youself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of the Incarnate Word (San Antonio, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call. and interview time and date was set up. Subsequently, interviewed with representatives from five departments; most of whom were faculty.from different areas. They did most of the talking. I was only asked two questions. I got the impression they already had someone for the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself   1 Answer
    • Are you familiar with the University?   1 Answer
    • What Learning Management Systems have you used?   1 Answer

University Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of the Incarnate Word (San Antonio, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Was referred by one of my former professors. Once my name was recommended I had to fill out a formal application. After that had been reviewed I was called in for an in-person interview with the Director and Assistant Director. I spoke with them for about 30 minutes and then they asked me to leave the room while they talked. I was called back in a few minutes later and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you tutor an international student who didn't have a good understanding of English?   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of the Incarnate Word (San Antonio, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

One interview, process took about a week. Consisted of a panel where everyone took turn asking questions. When asked about advancement potential, was told advancement was possible. Found out later there was no possibility of this. If interviewed, ask specific questions about the position and responsibilities. Know what you are getting into. Ask about work and life balance and how often you will be asked to work outside your normal hours. I noticed that two of the employees on the panel looked like they were being forced to be there.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a difficult situation you've experienced with a student and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate with salary but with additional time off for an already scheduled trip. This is a very stressful job. Consider the salary you are being offered and determine if it will be worth it.

Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of the Incarnate Word (San Antonio, TX) in December 2008.

Interview

Several interviews. Be able to articulate the mission with the work.

Interview Questions

• How does the mission tie into what you are applying for?   Answer Question

Associate Professor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of the Incarnate Word in August 2014.

Interview

A standard job intwrview followed by a model class session. I had to prepare a class and teach it in one of their classrooms. I was watched and reviewed by HR and the head of the Department.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a great professor?   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of the Incarnate Word in February 2009.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick and easy. The folks that interviewed me knew what they were looking for right off the bat.