University of the Pacific Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.6

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA).

Interview

Phone with Human Resources, followed by a video interview with a hiring committee made up of faculty and staff, followed by 2-day on-site interview with campuses in Stockton, Sacramento and San Francisco.

Interview Questions

• How will you engage faculty?   1 Answer

Customer Engagement Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA).

Interview

I had one interview in person and it lasted about an hour. I had been hired right on the spot. I didn't know much about the alumni project but I had one lady interviewing me and she seemed to have not cared that much.

Insurance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of the Pacific (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was so long. I had to come in for an initial interview with the department manager then they had me fill out forms for a background check. They said they would contact me in two weeks for a typing test on the basics of microsoft office. After they do a Panel interview with 3-4 people.

Title IX Coordinstor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application online in March. I was contacted in April to interview by telephone. I interviewed by telephone two weeks later. I heard nothing.

Two weeks later in May, I was notified by a reference that they were contacted (without my knowledge). I followed up with the school. I finally heard back. They wanted me to come to campus. Initially it was one day. Then it became 3. They paid to fly me from the East Coast. I visited all three campuses. No time to think. One meeting after the other. The time scheduled with some was too short, with others too long. I had to give a presentation. Driven by Lincoln Town car to all locations.

I was told on campus they were going to check my references. (They lied. They didn't.) I was asked to think about where I wanted to put my office. (Strange) They took me on a residential tour and to see a marina (neither on schedule).

They required me to interview with yet another person by telephone when I returned from my overnight flight home. I did. I sent thank you notes to each individual person. I heard back from some, not others.

I left Thursday evening, arriving home on Friday AM. I interviewed by telephone with the last person on Saturday afternoon (we tried to interview on Friday, but I missed the call - go figure; I called back, and heard nothing to Saturday). Monday was July 4. I followed up on Monday July 11. That afternoon I received an email from the a senior staff member who was my contact throughout claiming to have hired someone who had experience the opposite of mine.

The senior staff member, who was my contact, stopped responding. A secretary referred me to a low level staff person for reimbursements. This person's email responded on July 12 with an auto-reply saying she was out until the 25th. Yah. I haven't sent them yet. Why rush. No one is there to help me.

Overall - they did a good job of being phony. They kissed my butt while I was there, but they never intended to hire me. I was the national candidate. They were dishonest in things they told me. Ultimately, they hired someone the opposite of me, who had a lesser pedigree than I had, and I felt it was a waste of time and resources. The person they did hire was the same age and had the same look as the President.

Their behavior afterward, scurrying under a rock, ruined any good impression they gave me. I felt used and they clearly chose to cater to the chosen one, rather than wrap up their interaction with me in an appropriate way. It was a little too Los Angeles for Northern California.

I wish I hadn't gone through the process. I feel like a used, discarded date. How ironic.

Interview Questions

• During Campus Visit: Have you ever done a Title IX investigation on a college campus?   1 Answer

Student Caller Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of the Pacific in January 2016.

Interview

This was a relaxed, mostly conversational interview. The employer asked more about my experience with calling and how I would effectively call constituents in a case to case scenario. The whole interview lasted a total of thirty minutes and was not hard at all!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which a caller is upset with the institution?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward. Phone screen with hiring manager. Then an invite to the campus for a face to face and almost immediate feedback. Thorough panel interview with fair questions.

Interview Questions

• Situational Decision making questions   1 Answer

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

There are two interviews, one with a faculty member and one with a student. There is also a writing portion and a tour of the campus.

The questions seemed were very typical. They seemed to be picking a few from a list they had.

The entire staff was friendly and helpful. The school presented itself in a very warm manner as opposed to a colder and dry approach that is expected in the professional world.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of the Pacific.

Interview

Multiple panel interviews spread over 3.5 hours. Very fair questions, but the delve into every area of the job description, and you need to be detailed in answers. Had a 1-1 interview with my boss, a 1-1 with someone in a similar position in another department, and a large 5 person panel of other people influential with my boss.

Interview Questions

• There was a question about some small job description detail that I had forget about - don't do that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for me, but I was very happy with offer.

Recreations Service Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

First you would apply online through Tiger Jobs. I was then contacted by phone to schedule a 1 on 1 interview with the Director of Athletics. I received a 2nd call a few days later for a follow up interview with the Assistant Director of Athletics. The second interview is always with the Assistant Director. Both interviews were personality based. No technical or skill based questions were asked.

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

There are two interviews: One was a group interview where you participated in various activities with a group and are supervised by current ambassadors. Some of the activities included meeting the other interviewees with ice breakers and creating a skit with your group members. The second interview is a regular panel interview of 3-4 people who asked a few questions and record your response.