University of the Pacific Interview Questions in Stockton, CA | Glassdoor

2.6

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Title IX Coordinstor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application online in March. I was contacted in April to interview by telephone. I interviewed by telephone two weeks later. I heard nothing.

Two weeks later in May, I was notified by a reference that they were contacted (without my knowledge). I followed up with the school. I finally heard back. They wanted me to come to campus. Initially it was one day. Then it became 3. They paid to fly me from the East Coast. I visited all three campuses. No time to think. One meeting after the other. The time scheduled with some was too short, with others too long. I had to give a presentation. Driven by Lincoln Town car to all locations.

I was told on campus they were going to check my references. (They lied. They didn't.) I was asked to think about where I wanted to put my office. (Strange) They took me on a residential tour and to see a marina (neither on schedule).

They required me to interview with yet another person by telephone when I returned from my overnight flight home. I did. I sent thank you notes to each individual person. I heard back from some, not others.

I left Thursday evening, arriving home on Friday AM. I interviewed by telephone with the last person on Saturday afternoon (we tried to interview on Friday, but I missed the call - go figure; I called back, and heard nothing to Saturday). Monday was July 4. I followed up on Monday July 11. That afternoon I received an email from the a senior staff member who was my contact throughout claiming to have hired someone who had experience the opposite of mine.

The senior staff member, who was my contact, stopped responding. A secretary referred me to a low level staff person for reimbursements. This person's email responded on July 12 with an auto-reply saying she was out until the 25th. Yah. I haven't sent them yet. Why rush. No one is there to help me.

Overall - they did a good job of being phony. They kissed my butt while I was there, but they never intended to hire me. I was the national candidate. They were dishonest in things they told me. Ultimately, they hired someone the opposite of me, who had a lesser pedigree than I had, and I felt it was a waste of time and resources. The person they did hire was the same age and had the same look as the President.

Their behavior afterward, scurrying under a rock, ruined any good impression they gave me. I felt used and they clearly chose to cater to the chosen one, rather than wrap up their interaction with me in an appropriate way. It was a little too Los Angeles for Northern California.

I wish I hadn't gone through the process. I feel like a used, discarded date. How ironic.

Interview Questions

• During Campus Visit: Have you ever done a Title IX investigation on a college campus?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward. Phone screen with hiring manager. Then an invite to the campus for a face to face and almost immediate feedback. Thorough panel interview with fair questions.

Interview Questions

• Situational Decision making questions   1 Answer

Graduate Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

There are two interviews, one with a faculty member and one with a student. There is also a writing portion and a tour of the campus.

The questions seemed were very typical. They seemed to be picking a few from a list they had.

The entire staff was friendly and helpful. The school presented itself in a very warm manner as opposed to a colder and dry approach that is expected in the professional world.

Recreations Service Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

First you would apply online through Tiger Jobs. I was then contacted by phone to schedule a 1 on 1 interview with the Director of Athletics. I received a 2nd call a few days later for a follow up interview with the Assistant Director of Athletics. The second interview is always with the Assistant Director. Both interviews were personality based. No technical or skill based questions were asked.

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

There are two interviews: One was a group interview where you participated in various activities with a group and are supervised by current ambassadors. Some of the activities included meeting the other interviewees with ice breakers and creating a skit with your group members. The second interview is a regular panel interview of 3-4 people who asked a few questions and record your response.

Administrative Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA).

Interview

General interview reviewing initial application. There was a description of the department given as well as the expectations of the position. Pretty basic and easy.

Negotiation

Once the initial offer was made, discussions regarding commute, child care and comparison of current job.

Biology Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Interview

Virtually all incoming graduate students into the Masters of Biological Sciences program get the option to receive a Teaching Assistant position. There is no interview for this process. There was also no interview for me to get into the program, but I was already an undergraduate at the university. I hear now that there is an interview to get into the program, but I have no details about the questions asked.

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

My initial interview was with a panel of five. I was very surprised by this and felt a little nervous. However, the interview went extremely well and I quickly felt very comfortable with everyone in the room. Most everyone was very nice, however, there was one person in the interview who I felt uncomfortable with. Either way, I left the interview feeling confident that I had done well and knew that I would accept an offer if they gave it. Within the same week, I was called to meet with the head of the department for a second interview, 1:1. I was much more nervous in this interview. Unfortunately, the person I interviewed with did a lot of talking, but not very much listening. By the time I was done with the interview, I knew all about them, but they knew very little about me. Wait, who was interviewing who?! After that meeting, I was so unclear about the interview that I left feeling unsure about whether or not I still wanted the position. I was called the following day and offered the position, so I ultimately accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate slightly. I asked them to increase the salary offered by a small amount

Summer Temp Custodian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Panel interview of three people. Each asked a different question regarding the position. Mainly asked about your experience and your views on safety and diversity. Because this isn't an interview for like an office job, you didn't need to dress up for the interview. Jeans and a shirt is fine.

Interview Questions

• Do you clean your house on a regular basis? If so, explain.   Answer Question

Student Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Very easy and you only needed good grades.

Negotiation

No, I was not.