University of the Rockies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of the Rockies

Enrollment Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of the Rockies (Denver, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

It was easy. One interview over the phone and then the next round is in person. In person was a one on one. Basic questions, just be personable and confident and you should be able to get the job.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of the Rockies (Denver, CO).

Interview

It was quick and easy. Everybody was very friendly, engaging and open to questions and concerns. This was one of the easier interviews I have had. I had a phone interview first with a recruiter based out in San Diego and then went into an in person interview the next day with a few managers.

Admissions Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of the Rockies.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. Phone interview with the recruiter in San Diego and then you have the face to face with a Manager in Denver. The interview went really well and I received a call within 24 hours from the interview.

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of the Rockies in September 2012.

Interview

You are interviewed by managers, they are mostly new to their leadership roles. You can tell they aren't experienced at interviewing, they just read questions from sheets they have in their hands.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, they will of course have you discuss difficult service situations from previous work experiences, your strengths / weaknesses, etc.
      They should have another department handling the interviews. Once I was hired I realized I must have done ok in my interview because the manager who interviewed me said he and another manager were fighting for me for their individual admissions teams…. I have managed in other work situations but this was unprofessional to me, instead of making me feel excited about my new job offer, it made me question what is going on in this place?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating, they said it had to do with the education you earned. I was given the maximum amount they said b/c I had earned a Master's degree.

Student Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of the Rockies (Denver, CO) in October 2011.

Interview

Initial phone screen. Then interview with director, manager and one team member. Questions are all very generic and they're looking more for fit with the team than your qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Questions in the interview are all your generic interview questions, "what do you know about the student advisor position" what are your three strongest characteristics...etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no option to negotiate. very corporate.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of the Rockies in January 2010.

Interview

Set up a phone interview, then the next day had a 1 on 1 interview and was made a contingent offer on passing the background check. I told them that I would wait until the background check cleared prior to officially starting. They also want to do a degree verification, which took about 2 weeks, but you do not need this to start your position. However, if your degree does not get verified or is found incorrect they will give you 5 days to fix it and if it is not resolved you are let go.

Interview Questions

• They did more of a behavioral style interview where they ask you questions like tell me about a time when you had a diffcult customer, how did you deal with it, and what actions did you take.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it mentality.