Unwired Planet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Unwired Planet Interview Questions

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unwired Planet (Redwood City, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The first round consisted on phone interview.

After this, they invited me for an on-site interview. I was interviewed by two managers for the first hour. It was nothing but going through my resume and previous experience. I guess they did not like me then. When I was with two other managers in the second hour, one of the managers was called off (May be by one of the two people from the first hour).

That was it.

First thing is, they had my resume and background before, so not sure what they were smoking when they called me for an on-site if they did not like my background.

Second, for a company whose stock is a penny stock at $2.00, they seem to have lot of attitude.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unwired Planet (Redwood City, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Friendly and polite HR and hiring managers who took the time to describe the position and the skills needed for the role. After first phone interviews I was asked to fly over for an on-site interview with all of the senior leaders of the particular group. Flight was paid for and hotel/car rental was supposed to be paid for but weren't. I ended up with that part of the bill and they didn't even bother checking. The building and surrounding facilities are nice but the overall location is not so good. People were polite and on time for the interviews. Since my flight back wasn't until late that day, I was given a room to stay and do some work for the rest of the day after my last interview. No particular interview format, the usual questions but nothing very structured. The bad: they never got back to me, even to say "no thanks, you don't meet the requirements of the position". So my entire perception of that being a decent company went down the drain.

Interview Questions

• You seem overqualified for the position. Why are you interested in it?   Answer Question

Sales Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Unwired Planet (Redwood City, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Openwave's standard procedure is to do several rounds of interviews: an HR phone screening, hiring manager phone screening, hiring manager 1:1, team member 1:1s, cross-functional peer 1:1s and superior 1:1 (optional depending on position level). In my particular case both phone screenings were skipped because I was acquianted with the hiring manager at a previous company. The other interviews were relatively casual. Review of resume versus job requirements and general Q & A. I was not asked any behavioral oriented questions. Everyone I interviewed with was professional, pleasant and seemed genuinely happy to be working for the company.

Executive Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unwired Planet (Redwood City, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter who saw my resume on line. He asked lots of questions about my experience and indicated that he would call to schedule an interview. Never happened.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage to coordinate a meeting among 5 or 6 busy execs?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Unwired Planet in March 2011.

Interview

I applied through university career website. I was selected for interview. They asked me lots of questions. After two weeks they replied me back that they would like to following up with me. After another week I got their decision and that is NO.

Interview Questions

• If you don't know anything, what is the procedure to know about that matter?   Answer Question