Unwired Planet Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Unwired Planet (Redwood City, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

The engineering team seems to be smart. The recruiter contacted me out of the blue. He was prepared and had a good pitch. I first spoke to an engineering director via phone. It lasted about 50minutes, lots of technical and situational type of questions. The recruiter got back to me a few days later and invited me for an onsite. I met 4 engineers and a manager. They asked appropriate level of questions and the interview ran smoothly. Everyone was on time. I had to white board a number of questions. I sensed some attitude from one of the engineers. Not sure what that was about. But overall, it seemed like a good team. Not a great environment, it was pretty stale and bland. Overall though, it was okay. Nothing incredible and nothing horrible.

Side note. Too bad they are not doing well now. It was a good place while it lasted.

Interview Questions

• Memory mapping in C. It had been a while and I was going in for a mgr role.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Recruiter was very good. He negotiated well.