UofL Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Patient Transporter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UofL Hospital (Louisville, KY) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied for the patient transport job online. Once my application was received, HR contacted me to schedule an interview with the supervisor of Transport. The supervisor asked a series of questions and I was told he would call if I got the job. A couple hours later the supervisor called and I got the job. A week later I went through a 2-day orientation.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UofL Hospital (Louisville, KY) in November 2013.

Interview

I got a phone call to set up an interview and also answer basic questions (graduation date, clinical experience, etc). Then I went on to an interview with the manager, all pretty basic stuff for nursing, the interview was fine and she gave me a tour of the unit and told me about the average patient acuity and what was expected of me, including training time. After this I was called in for an interview with two nurses and a CNA. This was very informal and they told me what the work was like and any tips they had. There were no managers there so it was nice to be able to ask questions a bit more freely.

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UofL Hospital (Louisville, KY) in January 2015.

Interview

A two step process, met with Supervisor, then had a peer interview. They all made me feel very comfortable. The peer review consisted of two leading Phlebotomist. I was very nervous about this type of interview I had never been in this t people of situation. It won't very well

Interview Questions

• How long have I been in this type of job?   1 Answer

Pca Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UofL Hospital (Louisville, KY) in June 2014.

Interview

a lot of time was spent simply waiting between phone calls. I was hired 2 months after the initial application. There was a lot of miscommunication between higher employees at the hospital.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at UofL Hospital (Louisville, KY) in January 2014.

Interview

Very easy going, management made me feel welcomed. They were going through a transition, so it took longer than expected. It was an easygoing process. Once I was hired, orientation was great, I got a great preceptor.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a part of UofL?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UofL Hospital in August 2017.

Interview

They called and did a brief phone interview with basic questions about myself, such as my experience, what I would like to do, etc. From there a face to face interview was scheduled. I arrived 10 minutes early. I used the parking garage to park and the door to HR is on the bottom floor literally right beside the entrance to the garage, very easy to find. A receptionist greets you and asks who you are meeting, so be prepared with the name of whom you are meeting. Someone comes and gets you and you go to a small conference room with 2-4 different managers. Don't be nervous as they make you feel very comfortable. They ask you about yourself, ask you their interview questions, and that's it. Very easy. If you are accepted they will call u in a few days to a week or so with a pay offer and where you will be working. Orientation I'm told, is 4 class days and 12 weeks on the floor.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UofL Hospital (Louisville, KY).

Interview

For any position manager or above, from what I've seen, you will have a few interviews in the same day. You will interview with the individual you would be reporting to in one interview; you will have an interview or two with your 'peers' in the organization, that is, others who are also managers that you will be working alongside. If they approve, depending on how high up the position is, you will also be interviewing with senior management of the C-suite team.

Interview Questions

• I'm not sure if there was one question that was more challenging than another but there were multiple questions that really made you think about the answers before giving them. It just goes back to show you the kind of people that you would be working with. Great people are here but they want to make sure you'll be successful as well as helping them to continue to be successful.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation room. They have a company policy dictating levels of all benefits for each level of job position. The only downside to the whole process. It might be different at the upper levels however.

Interpreter/Translator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UofL Hospital (Louisville, KY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview and a face to face peers interview. There were 5 staff members and did a round of case scenarios questions. Very nice people, not intimidating at all. The whole process took around 1 month . Finally HR called me with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult patient and did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Radiology Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UofL Hospital (Louisville, KY) in August 2017.

Interview

It was highly professional yet not uncomfortable. There appeared to be great collaboration between staff members. There are 2 interviews. You must make it past the first to obtain the second interview.

Quality and Safety Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UofL Hospital (Louisville, KY) in April 2013.

Interview

2-3 phone screens with typical interview questions, especially focused on attitude and past experiences. Peers decide on candidate to ensure a good fit. The department is quite diverse, so relating to 8 people simultaneously without coming off as too-friendly, too-aggressive, and/or a threat is difficult.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral-based questions. MUST talk about specific past experiences, no "theoretical" discussions. Points-based interview process with scripted questions. The "peers" who do the majority of interviewing are inexperienced at interviewing others; it appeared they were looking for someone to fit well into their social group more than someone who had the skillset to perform the job.   1 Answer