Uptown Consulting Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Uptown Consulting Account Manager Interview Questions

2.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uptown Consulting.

Interview

This place is a scam. The first interview was normal and the guy described a growing company with fast paced promotional opportunity. I went back for a second interview and it was from 1:00-8:30. It was basically unpaid training. They paired me up with an existing account manager and we went out in the "field." The field is door-to-door at&t uverse sales. In the office, workers are profession and dressed business casual. Then they go out and change (in gas station bathrooms fyi) into khaki shorts and a blue at&t polo and sneakers. Also their promotional time frames are BS. You will be out selling door-to-door for the next few YEARS if you work here, not weeks/months. If you have a college degree, don't bother.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Uptown Consulting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Uptown Consulting (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I went for an interview in the morning, the person who interviewed me was very kind and gave me brief information on how the company works which is very interesting. I will be having a second round of interview tomorrow to determine if i am the person for the job. In the first interview you dont get an offer they will give you a call for a second interview if they believe you have qualities and then you will get an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Uptown Consulting (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. I filled out a one page application and attached my resume. A hiring manager retrieved my application and resume and called me in in the order in which I arrived. I was then told about the company and the interview process.

Everyone who applies for any position in the company will be interviewed for the commission pay base Entry Level Account Manager position regardless of experience or knowledge base. All promotions are merit earned. Manager have started at the entry level position and worked their way up. The projected time for promotion was 18 months.

The interviewer was very honest, professional and friendly. The company could save a lot of time if they reviewed candidates applications prior to calling them in for an interview. First interviews can be telephonic, as they are only 5-10 minutes long and ask very basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for a full-time or part-time position?   Answer Question
    • What are your strongest skills?   Answer Question
    • Is the the position something you would be interested in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Uptown Consulting (Charlotte, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

The process was very simple. It began with a phone call to set up time for the interview day. Then on the interview day they ask you a few question about your self and other quick questions. later they ask to come back for the second round interview witch will take place in a cafe. finally they will call you about their decision on the offer. keep in mind that the job is Sales base/ door to door and compensation is fully on the commission on the quality of sales/application done.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation,compensation is fully on the commission on the numbers of sales/application done.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Uptown Consulting (Charlotte, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

They schedule multiple interviewees at the same (1:45pm). I had to wait 30 minutes. In addition, Uptown shares an office with Capstone Consulting. I applied for a position with Capstone Consulting but someone from Uptown interviewed me. Interview was about 15 minutes long. Interviewer offered a vague descriptions of what they do "fiber optics", "contract with ATT", if you're looking for a clock in clock out job you wont be successful, we work hard and play hard, blah blah blah...

This is a 100% commission job. The people are not professional. I received a "job offer" over the phone. I asked to review the offer in writing. One of the asst. Managers promised to send it that evening, never came, I called back the next day to remind her to send it, never came. I suspect they want to keep the pay vague because you make $0.00 during the mandatory training period, one week.

Unless you're desperate or simply a young high school graduate, this "account manager" position pays horrible, the people aren't professional, and I would strongly suggest you pursue a career elsewhere. There are much better opportunities than door to door selling cable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you last position? what did you like about it? Tell me about x position? What did you like about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Uptown Consulting (Charlotte, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

The people are very nice, very young, and inviting, however... I would consider them to be cattle herding interviewees. Your name gets highlighted off of a list of about 100 or more potential interviewers, you will wait in a sitting room with around 5 other potential employee's, as the receptionist cold calls a hundred other people to come in for an interview. As you walk back to be interviewed you will see another 5 or so people being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• You will immediately be enticed by growth within the company and how in about 3 months you will be a manager of something, before the actual explanation of what the company actually does is introduced. None of the questions are very difficult, they are very rookie interview questions.   Answer Question

I'm sure it is a great company for somebody who has never had a job before, and haven't put in the hard work, but as somebody who has more experience than what they have to offer, this was not for me.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Uptown Consulting.

Interview

The first interview is a brief meeting, which is more like a meeting for general information exchanging. Lasted about 15 minutes. A hard copy of resume is required. It is said everyone will be put at the same level to start and will get comprehensive training. I got the call for the second training a few hours later after the first interview and was told that the second one will be an 8 hour interview which will have several candidates working together in the real field. I haven't attended the second yet, but hope I can get the chance to work with them.

Interview Questions

• This is my first interview, so I don't have an idea bout the difficulty level or if there is any unexpected question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, because I need a job.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Uptown Consulting.

Interview

Company had a relatively nice office, the woman at the front desk was great to chat with, and interview conversation was good as well. Interviewer clearly explained that the position was a lot of work, which I welcome, but the second interview is what discouraged me as well. There's something disconcerting about an 8 hour "interview" - seems more like unpaid training. I thought the initial interview was handled very professionally but nothing else about the company comes off as professional. The website is a joke, it's impossible to get a good idea of what the company does. They say they have offices all over the world, yet their logo and website is all simply based around Charlotte. Overall, everything post the initial interview kept me from making Uptown Consulting a career option.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions: strengths & weaknesses, free-time, motivators, etc.   Answer Question

I want to work for a company that I believe in and doesn't seem like a scheme from the second interview on.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Uptown Consulting (Charlotte, NC) in March 2013.

Interview

Three rounds all happen quickly and have their unique challenges. Round one is communication and presentation test, it's all about how you represent yourself. Round two is work ethic and information retention. Expect to get lots of odd questions, challenges and problems in the second round. Round three is all about retention of information. There will a series of questions about the information that you gather at the beginning of round 2 so PAY ATTENTION.

Interview Questions

• How I would figure out the population of Canada without the use of the internet.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Uptown Consulting (Charlotte, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

I was given all the information I needed to know in order to be prepared. I also was greatly informed about the position and after interviewing I was extremely excited and hopeful to get the position. They were very structured, on time, professional, and extremely friendly! While the president of the company was talking to you, I truly felt like he was listening and engaged in the conversation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They work with you on all levels.