Urban Lending Solutions Interview Questions in Broomfield, CO | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 5, 2017

1.9

SQL Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Lending Solutions (Broomfield, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

Urban currently has a mid-level database position open for over 3mos in Colorado, why is that you might ask? Because they string along their candidates until they give up.

I was working with a recruiting company, CyberCoders, to apply for this position, we had a good exchange during the interviews and ULS wanted to hire me the day of the final interview. We agreed to compensation and ULS's HR & Legal Dept were working with CC to hammer out the details and produce the offer letter. It turned out that ULS's HR group had been out of town for the last 2wks and the CC's recruiter was fairly green so the two groups had not come to terms for CC's fee. Needless to say the two groups could not come to an agreement because of some unrealistic guarantees ULS was requesting. Now who is left in the middle? Ah, yes, right.

So as any technical person would do in this situation, I proceeded to work around the problem. I met with the Information Systems Manager and a Staffing & Compensation VP to see how we could still make this work. We came up with a plan and I was passed off to a senior recruiter within ULS.

This person had no idea what was going on and proceeded as though I was just another candidate. I was told I would be placed back in the formal interview process and I was asked how far along in the process we made it then asked if I was looking at other opportunities. I confirmed I was and that until I receive the Offer Letter I would have to and the S.R. told me "Well we have a few other candidates to interview and we will get back to you." Wow, I didn't know we were exclusively seeing each other. Seems to be a lot of personal issues that these employees bring to work.

We then setup a phone interview appointment for that Thurs. because my schedule was fairly booked on that Tues & Wed. After that phone call I freed some time on Tues & Wed to speak with the manager and no reply.

Thurs came and went with no communication so I emailed the S.R. Her reply was that the manager had not requested a phone call with me and she would get back to me on Friday??!! What kind of BS is this?, I'm thinking the really smelly kind, the kind that sets off all the alarms for a crap company.

To make a long story a little longer, I sent all of them an email about the moronic hoops and withdrew my application.

Please, please, if you value your career, stability, and your sanity Do Not work in the IT or HR departments. I hope this review helps you avoid the bald spot that I now have.

Interview Questions

• How many databases do you manage?
      What steps do you take to troubleshoot a database and/or application problem?
      How would you check for hung processes?
      What type of Data Dictionaries have you implemented?
      What items are in your Disaster Recovery Plan?
      What is your backup strategy and the RTO, RPO of those databases?
      What type of software to DB integration's have you worked on?
      There are many other database positions with other companies, why do you want to work for ULS?
      Why are looking to leave your current position?
      Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Lending Solutions (Broomfield, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

After sending in Application, was scheduled interview, had 45 minute interview, heard results of interview within 5 days. Interviewed with Unit Production manager who asked me about my history, my skills and why would I be able to excel in this job.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Urban Lending Solutions (Broomfield, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screen followed by an in person meeting. The phone screen was pretty good. The onsite interview was unorganized and clumsy.

Based on other company reviews, my focus is to get the job until I find something better.

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Urban Lending Solutions (Broomfield, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Well, we talked for 20 minutes about coffee and I got an offer within an hour. The interview was very easy but the fun. They talked about the possibility of additional interviews or meeting the team so they could make their evaluation but that did not happen. The interview was one on one but the human resources representative was present, as well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you you think your the best candidate for the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I presented examples of higher salaries for the same role in the local area and we eventually agreed to an acceptable salary

Mortgage Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Lending Solutions (Broomfield, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

I went to an open house and was called back and told I was hired and was part of a 20 person group. The open house i met with a manager who asked me questions about my experience and how I could fit in the role. We talked for 30 minutes and i received a call from a recruiter two days later with an offer.

Associate Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Lending Solutions (Broomfield, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

After a brief but friendly screening call with a recruiter, I was asked to schedule in-person interviews. Met first with Assistant General Counsel, then with executives from two of the company's lines of business. Finally, met with the General Counsel. Within a week, I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience in the mortgage services industry.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Lending Solutions (Broomfield, CO) in May 2014.

Interview

The first interview is a screening interview. They interview 20+ people - 6 get called back for a second interview with the PM group. Three will be chosen to interview with upper management, 1 will be selected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that no one else would know?   1 Answer

Morrgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Urban Lending Solutions (Broomfield, CO).

Interview

I was hired by people who are no longer there through a temp agency. I think the company has some good management however I think they do not see the whole picture and they tend to not pick the correct people for the correct position.

Interview Questions

• Really it was the test that was the most difficult part of the interview. However this was 4 1/2 yeas ago. The management there didn't seem to know what was going on at the time they just needed people in the door. The expectations sometimes can be very hard to meet because sometimes they were unreasonable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. When I was offered the underwriting position I was told $48k a year and then when I actually went to move was told it would be $45k I did tell them my initial offer was $48k. I had to ask for a raise after more than a year of underwriting.

Applications Support Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Urban Lending Solutions (Broomfield, CO) in December 2013.

Interview

1. Phone interview.
    2. Face interview with Apps Team.
    3. Face interview with VP and PM.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Mainly seeking personality fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy. Went through recruiting service.

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Urban Lending Solutions (Broomfield, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

Fast efficient

Negotiation

No negotiations