Urban Outfitters Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Urban Outfitters Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Chicago, IL) in April 2009.

Interview

I had noticed that a Free People store was hiring and wanted in badly since I have lived in the clothing for almost a decade now. I had done presentations in college about the Urban brands and really knew my stuff. I applied online and was contacted via email by the FP recruiter for an interview.

I was there early and was asked to fill out the application which had all of the standard questions you'd expect as well as some interesting ones like "What celebrity embodies the Free People image"?

After I submitted it, I was tag-team interviewed by the recruiter and a new store manager. I was asked questions about my current job and what I liked/disliked about it, who the FP girl was, what an effective manager was, etc but felt like I was really being judged on my cuteness level and it was so distracting that it threw off my entire interview. I generally interview REALLY well, ask questions, make plenty of eye contact- I've never had an interview go so horribly! Not only that, but it was difficult to read either one of them- they never made any facial expressions or asked further questions after I answered their questions.

I was then given a website to visit for a long list of questions about stealing or smoking pot while at work. It asked for your SS# and everything. Sorry, I don't give that out unless I'm employed...

I knew I didn't get the job immediately after the interview anyway- but was "formally" declined via email almost 2 months later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (London, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

2 interviews, one with recruiter and one with store manager. Both very informal and easy going. Just trying to find out if you'll fit the brand. Questions focus on previous experience. They are quite scatty as a company so expect to chase them or not hear anything and planning for training and contracts etc with invariably be delayed!

Interview Questions

• Standard questions based on previous experience   1 Answer