Urban Outfitters Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

1.9

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Admissions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Boston, MA).

Interview

Just wanted to review my resume and hear more about my skills and why I'm interested in the position. They asked what I planned to do after college and what my five year plan is. It was Skype to get the process moving along quickly.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

It was a very relaxed process. It started out with a video interview which I was able to complete online, and the questions were very fair and engaging. Then I went in for an in-person group interview.

Interview Questions

• The company really wants to get to know you as a person, so the questions were more personal about your everyday life and your style.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I didn't even finish my application, but they called me in for an interview anyway. Thus, I didn't expect much. But this review is mostly in regards to the handling of applicants. I came in to a "hiring event," essentially just a cesspool of desperate hopefuls who were told to sit on a small display (bench?) hardly big enough to fit all of us until the manager decided she was ready to invite us in. It started more than 30 minutes late. We went into a room to answer questions one at a time. There was no apparent order, as it was a fairly informal interview. We were permitted to dress however we liked. Manager obviously had one favorite, but besides that no facial reactions. She looked tired and borderline annoyed that we were there. We were told we'd get an answer by the next day. I sent a follow-up email, but received no answer. Still haven't received an answer, but it's been over two months so I obviously understand that it was a no. I just would have preferred that they told me rather than ghosting me. Extremely unprofessional manager and a terrible experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Urban Outfitters?   Answer Question
    • What's your favorite brand at Urban? Why?   Answer Question
    • What do you think makes Urban appealing to customers?   Answer Question
    • Describe a positive experience you've had with a sales associate (when you were a customer).   Answer Question
    • Name a hashtag your friends would use to describe you.   Answer Question
    • Describe your favorite manager. What characteristic(s) made them great?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied in person, and submitted my resume etc. Was called back for another interview. The interview was a group interview with a few other people. Very low-key and pretty easy. The hiring manager was a young woman easy to talk to. Overall fine experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was me and one other person in a group interview. The interview seemed very unprepared and only asked us 4 questions, making the interview for both of us a total of 10 minutes. Didn't really get to know us or ask us any questions that weren't on the online application.

Interview Questions

• If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dedham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Dedham, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

It took extremely long and then the next month someone walked in and asked to be hired and they got the job without question. I on the other hand had to go through 3 - 4 meaningless interviews.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work here.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and about a week later, received a link to an online questionnaire and video interview. The survey was about 60 questions, but pretty basic and only took about 15-20 minutes to do. Just use your common sense lol. The video interview was super awkward but you can practice as much as you want. I got an email from the manager a few days later inviting me to a group interview. There were two other people and it was fairly easy, just make sure you speak up first. The manager told us he's get back to all of us in the next few days so I'm waiting to hear back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dedham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Dedham, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a video interview where a question would display on the screen then I had a few minutes to prepare and record my answer. Then there was an in-person group interview.

Interview Questions

• If you could have one thing in the store what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Cambridge, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview which is always awkward. It makes it feel like such a competition and didn't feel like the interviewer really cared to hear what you personally had to say. All basic questions were asked, at first people stayed quiet because nobody wanted to be the first to speak, then everybody wanted to be heard somewhere in the middle to still look proactive. The questions were a mix of typical interview questions and weirder ones designed to gauge your personality.

Interview Questions

• If money was no option, where would you like to travel?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Cambridge, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Online interview using camera on computer where you watch a series of videos then record your response
    In person group interview with three other people. Took turns answering the same questions. Need to speak up.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you suspected a customer was stealing?   1 Answer