Urban Outfitters Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Urban Outfitters Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Apr 18, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied in person, and submitted my resume etc. Was called back for another interview. The interview was a group interview with a few other people. Very low-key and pretty easy. The hiring manager was a young woman easy to talk to. Overall fine experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was me and one other person in a group interview. The interview seemed very unprepared and only asked us 4 questions, making the interview for both of us a total of 10 minutes. Didn't really get to know us or ask us any questions that weren't on the online application.

Interview Questions

• If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dedham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Dedham, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

It took extremely long and then the next month someone walked in and asked to be hired and they got the job without question. I on the other hand had to go through 3 - 4 meaningless interviews.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work here.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and about a week later, received a link to an online questionnaire and video interview. The survey was about 60 questions, but pretty basic and only took about 15-20 minutes to do. Just use your common sense lol. The video interview was super awkward but you can practice as much as you want. I got an email from the manager a few days later inviting me to a group interview. There were two other people and it was fairly easy, just make sure you speak up first. The manager told us he's get back to all of us in the next few days so I'm waiting to hear back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dedham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Dedham, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a video interview where a question would display on the screen then I had a few minutes to prepare and record my answer. Then there was an in-person group interview.

Interview Questions

• If you could have one thing in the store what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Cambridge, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview which is always awkward. It makes it feel like such a competition and didn't feel like the interviewer really cared to hear what you personally had to say. All basic questions were asked, at first people stayed quiet because nobody wanted to be the first to speak, then everybody wanted to be heard somewhere in the middle to still look proactive. The questions were a mix of typical interview questions and weirder ones designed to gauge your personality.

Interview Questions

• If money was no option, where would you like to travel?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Cambridge, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Online interview using camera on computer where you watch a series of videos then record your response
    In person group interview with three other people. Took turns answering the same questions. Need to speak up.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you suspected a customer was stealing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a standard Interview. I went into the store two times to interview and met with two different store managers. Each interview was about 30 minutes, and they were very friendly. I dressed casually, there is no dress code in particular so I just dressed in Urban clothes. I heard back two weeks after.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

the interview was very casual and conducted in a group. Very simple questions were asked by a friendly interviewer. Very easy process. Workers were very friendly and the work environment felt young and energetic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Boston, MA).

Interview

Worst interview process I've ever been through.

I applied online and received an invitation to a group interview the next week. As I was unable to attend the interview, I asked if I could attend the next scheduled interview. They said that was fine and they would contact me. Two weeks passed without contact. I called. They said they had one scheduled for the next week but they weren't sure what time yet. The week passed. I went in and spoke with the manager. He said he would have the hiring manager call me that day. No call. So I called the next week and spoke to the manager again. He said he would have the hiring manager call...again. But of course, I never received a call. So I let it go.

Horribly unprofessional. If they weren't interested in hiring me, I would have preferred to be told up front rather than ignored for weeks.