Urban Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

342 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Made it to the U.O. intern interview day which essentially is a cattle call for all of the interns applying for various positions to meet with their potential co-workers if they're chosen (I applied as a video intern).

Interview process was relatively simple. Although I was in a big room with multiple interviews going on simultaneously, the interviewers were very friendly and nice.

Although I didn't get the position, I received good feedback from the team and had the opportunity of seeing the hq.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Durham, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via email after submitting an application through Urban's company website. I was then asked to complete a video interview, a day or so later I was asked to come in for an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why should we consider you for the Urban Outfitters position.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

I completed my video interviews after receiving multiple responses over two weeks ago, but I have not heard from them yet. Reading the other people responses, I'm not doubtful that I will receive a group interview request, but it's frustrating to see that you have to wait a while to get to that part. It would show good management if they would respond in a timely fashion, or if they were rejecting people after the video bit, to respond with an email, instead of leaving them hanging. It's just common courtesy.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you overheard your coworkers plotting to use their employee discount for a friend, even though it's against company policy?`   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and heard back like a week later and was asked to do a video interview within 48 hrs. Interview was 7 questions. 5 were video questions where you got 30 sec to prepare and like 3 mins to talk. I would definitely recommend doing the practice questions to get comfortable. 2 questions were written and had no time limit. I'm still waiting to hear back from this since I just completed it today.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever told a friend to get an app? Explain.   Answer Question
    • Talk about the last conversation you had with a stranger. Was there a good connection?   Answer Question
    • What are your top 3 must have trends/pieces this season?   Answer Question
    • What projects are you working on currently?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and then was invited to do an online video interview. Recorded myself after looking at some questions. For me, there was unlimited prep time. It wasn't so bad. However, I haven't heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you overheard co-workers talking about using their discount for friends?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Not even in person. You just submit a video to hirevue and they decide based on your looks not your skills and what makes you unique from other people. Not much else to say about it but they are very petty.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a huge group of individuals who was interviewing.
    It seems liked they chose people who dressed and presented more "hip" and outgoing which is obvious due to the high-notion of the company itself..

Interview Questions

• It consisted of basic questions, going around to each person asking about their goals, education and work history.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

I applied online and got an email about a week and a half later asking me to do a video interview. The next day, they said they weren't going to proceed with my application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online at the UO Scottsdale Waterfront location. About 2 hours after I submitted my application, I received a call from a manager to schedule an interview. When I came in to the interview, the manager sat down with me and asked me honestly 5 questions. The interview lasted 15 minutes at most. Manager then thanked me and told me she'd get back to me by the following Monday. Monday rolled around and I called in, to find that the woman I interviewed with was no longer employed at the company and that they had undergone a "restructuring" and weren't sure how many people they needed to hire, and they would get back to me in 3-4 days. They didn't. Very unprofessional process on their end.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was quick. Two days after applying online I got an e-mail to attend a group interview in a week. Then another e-mail for an online interview due in two days.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your friend asked if you could buy them something with your employee discount?   Answer Question