Urban Outfitters Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Urban Outfitters Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Boston, MA).

Interview

I applied in person, and submitted my resume etc. Was called back for another interview. The interview was a group interview with a few other people. Very low-key and pretty easy. The hiring manager was a young woman easy to talk to. Overall fine experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in February 2017.

Interview

Short interview, group interview, asked basic questions about what we do for fun, where we see ourselves in 5 years. Not a bad interview at all, in fact, it was nice getting to know the other applicants. However: Very disorganized way of notifying applicants if they got the job or not. The manager claimed he emailed me the follow up survey, he never did (checked spam and junk).... nothing.... not until I called him directly and asked, he "resends it." I took the survey, waited a week. Later, I decided to call AGAIN one week after the interview, he tells me he emailed me a rejection email (again, never got it).... I am not sure if this guy really just did not like me as an applicant or personal (I don't think I know him?) but there seemed to be a trend of "failing/ forgetting/ "not sure what happened" with sending follow up emails. I thought it was very unprofessional to not at least email me that I did not get the position, instead I had to call twice. It could honestly be a glitch on the companies email side, but I find it very rare that whoever he did decide to hire, did indeed get the following emails without having to call this manager. Very disorganized experience. I really hope my applicant paper work is shredded, cause now I am worried considering the level of disorganization I experience with just an interview... very disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? If everything goes your way?   Answer Question

Assistant Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Long and lengthy process. Completed two projects as part of the interview process and had several Skype/phone interviews with several UO employees. The entire interview process took around three months for an entry level position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

First I applied an online application and then shortly after had to take a Quiz. Next was Video Interview where they asked several questions. Next I got an email telling me a time to come for a Group interview. The next step is the One on One with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• What top 3 trends would you like for this upcoming season?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, few days later got a email for a video interview after I did that, Got invited for an interview ( ended up being a group interview with 4 other people )

Interview Questions

• Why urban outfitters

Have you ever experienced any Loss Prevention

3 must haves this season
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online, 2 days later they sent me a email link for a video interview. The manager contacted me and told me I made through the hiring process. It took me about 12 minutes and there were 7 questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and scheduled an interview all within a couple days. Met with the manager for a one on one and was asked about 4-5 questions and that was it. It was very laid back and easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Urban Outfitters?   Answer Question
    • Think of a time you had bad customer service; how did that affect you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Had to fill out a survey about two days later, later was sent an email asking me to provide a video interview about a week after my initial application. Was asked some easy (albeit odd) interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was me and one other person in a group interview. The interview seemed very unprepared and only asked us 4 questions, making the interview for both of us a total of 10 minutes. Didn't really get to know us or ask us any questions that weren't on the online application.

Interview Questions

• If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Their interview process was strange - they had me use an app and record my interview answers as videos, giving me about 30 seconds to read the question and think about my answer beforehand.

Interview Questions

• What are your top 3 trends for next season?   Answer Question
    • When was the last time you had a conversation with a stranger and what was it about?   Answer Question