Urban Outfitters Planning Exploratory (Corporate) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Urban Outfitters Planning Exploratory (Corporate) Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Planning Exploratory (Corporate) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

I've spoked with Urban Outfitters/Anthropolgie several times over the years on different occasions, never resulting in an offer. They are a tricky group to charm... easily offended.. take themselves and their brands quite seriously. The last round was "exploratory" which consisted of approx 30 minutes with 3 different managers and where I got the opportunity to ask questions and basically own the interview. They expressed no interest in my background and one was offended when I had the gall to speak about H&M and compare urban's strategeis as similar to H&M and the industry trends in general, in that they colloborate with outside designer brands to bring new interest to existing lines. This was apparently an insult because they feel their brands are far less mass, and are much more distinctive and original. These proud ambassadors meanwhile have far been the most unfashionable, dowdy mall rats, one would encounter at a suburban mall, not what you would in cutting edge young hip retail brand. Yet they are experts on their brands and customers. I get casual, but an abercrombie and fitch T shirt at jeans and you work at anthro?

Words of advice lay heavy on the accolades of their brands originality and how their os no one out there that comes anywhere close. You love Philadelphia and in no way could your decade experience of living in New York possibly give you an edge, from someone who worked at QVC prior to their move to Urban ... (and if you are from nyc be prepared to be cabbed out there as fast as you came in with the other 25 people they already met with that week)

Oh and they cancelled a whole round of interviews with the Anthropologie team and told me this the day I arrived.. booo. Urban I love your brands, but this expereicne has kept me out of your stores since >:

Interview Questions

• They didn"t ask me questions... I was expected to ask them   Answer Question