Urban Outfitters Sales Associate (Seasonal) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.0

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Houston, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

I did a video interview and then they emailed me asking for a group interview, once there it’s pretty easy going, just remember to be yourself and just have a good time.

Interview Questions

• What are you interest   1 Answer
  • Name a time where you received amazing customer services and how you can apply that here.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after one day I got an email asked me to do video interview.
    After one day I got an email asking me to the interview event. Two days later I got an email telling me they are not moving forward to my application. Summarize: You don't need to dress like "Urban Outfitters" style and you don't need any related experience. I think they are looking for out-going, and talkative people.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your interests and passions, and how have they influenced projects you’ve worked on?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time that you helped deliver a great customer experience. What did you do?
      What effect did it have on the customer?   Answer Question
    • The way we merchandise our stores is a big part of this. Our store teams will often collaborate on merchandising projects.   Answer Question
    • Imagine that you’ve been asked to provide your opinion on the outfitting and styling for one of these projects. Where would you look for inspiration that reflects current fashion trends?   Answer Question
    • Imagine you overhear a couple employees talking about purchasing items for a friend using their employee discount. Knowing this is against our company policy, how would you handle this situation?   Answer Question
    • With that in mind, tell us about a time you received constructive feedback from a supervisor or teacher. How did you respond? Did the feedback change the way you do things?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Took about 1.5 weeks. Applied online then 2 days later did a video interview. 4 days later i was called in for an in person interview, where they asked why UO and my availability. 3-4 days later I was offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied to this company when they were doing a seasonal hiring event, so the interview was a group interview. wasn't too bad the interviewer tries to see how you are when talking to others and show somewhat of your personality.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to take the ethics survey about an hour later. The next day I was sent an email asking to come in for an interview later that week. I went in for the interview and it was a one on one with one of the managers. It was pretty chill and it felt like a conversation rather than an interview. He just asked me to describe myself, why I wanted to work for urban, my availability, and how soon I would be able to start. He pretty much hired me on the spot and told me to look out for an email that same day explaining the next steps. I got an email later that night offering me the position,

Interview Questions

• What fashion item would you not be able to live without?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Seattle, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online, went in for group interview a few days later. Me and two other interviewees sat on the couch while the interviewer (the manager) asked us questions from across the table. Each person spoke for a few minutes answering the same questions, mainly about our past job experience and how we handled stressful situations/one funny or memorable work story/ our interests.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Short and sweet. Met with a manager and he asked me questions about my history and my personality. It was very nice of them to hire me since I had no retail experience but since it was a seasonal position I think they're more lenient about that stuff. I appreciate it!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Fontana, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a good experience. You fill out the application online. Then you get an email with a link to an online interview. You must have a webcam phone or computer. There would be a question with a video example then you answer the question based on what you watched.

Interview Questions

• what are you hobbies? what are you passionate about? what inspires you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Newport Beach, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied at the end of august and didn't hear back until a couple weeks ago about the job fair they had which was a group interview. After I did that, I got invited to another interview with the store manager. There were about 6 other people there and we all went around and said a little about ourselves and answered about two questions each. After that she told us more about the job and what we would be doing and said she would let us know in a couple days. I haven't heard anything yet but i will update once i do.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you caught a customer stealing?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you caught a fellow employee stealing?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Group interview, super chill. There were a group of 10 we just went around answering basic questions. The managers at the end asked the people they like about availability and to go online.

The hours weren't flexible