Urban Outfitters Design Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Urban Outfitters Design Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2017

Assistant Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

Long and lengthy process. Completed two projects as part of the interview process and had several Skype/phone interviews with several UO employees. The entire interview process took around three months for an entry level position.

Assistant Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters in March 2013.

Interview

I applied through linkedin. The recruter emailed me and I gave my portfolio adress. Later they ask me to do home project and then we met in person.
    When I had interview, the recruter came to where I live for business so it was good to meet in person share my portfolio and my resume otherwise it was going to be telephone interview.

Design Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

Interview

The process was pretty straightforward -I was approached by a recruiter from the company, we set up a skype interview which went well so we went to the next step where I did a project and then interviewed with the designer. Everyone was incredibly pleasant and enthusiastic which made the whole process a lot less scary

Interview Questions

• The questions werent really difficult-It was just discussing my experience and work   Answer Question

Assistant Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Urban Outfitters (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2009.

Interview

Someone from HR pre-screened me via phone interview which lasted about 15 minutes. I was asked to supply referencesand asked for permission for them to be checked out. I approved and the next day one of my former co-workers received the "reference check" call. All went well and I was invited to come in for an interview 5 days later. All info was sent via e-mail in great detail ( who I was meeting with, the schedule for the day since I had to pass a skills test besides all other regular stuff) and detailed directions how to find teh home office. I first met with the Talent aquisition manager - we exchanged a few friendly words and then went into the basic interview questions ( why do you want to work for us, tell me about yourself etc), then came the aptittude test ( I felt like this was something to just keep me busy for about 30 minutes but I took my time and saw it as another challenge to show that I don't rush into things), then I was escorted to the next building for the skills test. I met the Department manager ( she was very open, friendly and welcoming) and made me feel at ease; she explained what the test was about and the steps involved with this in order to find out my strengths and for what categories I would be the best fit. The test itself was long and felt complicated but it is beneficial for the company as well as the interviewee - this shows if both are a good match.At the end I exchanged questions and answers with the department manager ( once again very supportive and open) and at the end of the day ( approx. 4pm) we finished and I was escorted back to the general area; I had a chance to verify names and contact adresses of people that had been present during the test and said my goodbyes. 2 days later I was contacted by the HR manager with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• All questions were basic interview questions that can be answered if one takes the time to research the company as well as know's ones own skill set and experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Once I received the offer I reviewed the compensation and found that it was too low so I counter offered and was told that Urban would meet me in the "middle" but that there was no more room for negotiations and that I had to quit my current job immedaitely and start in 2 weeks if I wanted to keep the offer intact. I saw the opportunity to work at Urban as a great improvement and with room for personal advancement over the current job and accepted.